Chapter 83.

Annette's POV.

I kept crying in my room the whole day. I know my mother made the deal with Elijah so the case would disappear and no one would ever find out about it but I miss my children. I want my babies back since everyone knows I am still alive.

"Annette." My mom entered my room.  "You need to change your clothes, it's so smelly and there's blood on it." 

"What's the use of changing when I am not going anywhere." I mumbled. 

"Sweetheart, crying in your room the whole day won't get you anywhere in life. Trust me, Elijah doesn't even know you are crying right now so stop crying." 

"But mom I want to be with the kids too. They are young and they need their mother." I said. "Mom, I left my children with Elijah because I didn't want to be a bad mother by taking them away from their father."

"I know honey. You always put others before yourself." She sat down on my bed. "Come lie on my lap." She said so I lay my head on her lap. "Annette in life sometimes we need to use our loved ones to get what we want. Sometimes we have o do everything we can to make sure the family stays together so rather than crying here in your room you should be thinking of getting help from the people closest to Elijah rather than doing it all by yourself."

"But mom everyone hates me right now no one will help me."

"Everyone is just a bit angry that you disappeared." She massaged my head. "But there is someone that would do anything for Elijah even if he hates you."

"Oliver can't help me because Elijah will convince him and turn him against me." I said and she pulled my hair. "Mom!"

"Annette use Benjamin, not Oliver." She rolled her eyes. "Sometimes I wonder if you have a brain." 

"Mom!" I pouted.

"I'm joking kiddo." She pulled my cheek.

"Mom, how should I get Uncle Benjamin's help."

"Well, Benjamin loves Elijah and Benjamin knew you are alive so start thinking about those two things. Love and Lie." 

"I still don't get it." I told her.

"Honey, Benjamin loves Elijah a lot which means he would never want Elijah to find out he knew you were alive before Elijah was kidnapped." She said. "So ask him to help you get closer with your children and in return you will keep that secret."

"I don't know how you come up with these ideas mom. Do you really think it will work because Uncle Benuamin will take it as a thre--."

"Don't think much about what Benjamin will think about you." She interrupted me. "Honey, you won't even tell Elijah his father knew you were alive if Benjamin turns you down." 

"That's a good idea." I said.

"Yes. So remember every game like this usually has two players, it can never be only one player so start thinking about Elijah as your opponent and win against him, don't let him get rid of you so easily. And keep in mind that you are my daughter, the most kind hearted person on this planet and no losing to Elijah."

"Yes mom." I agreed. "I won't lose my babies to anyone, I just want to be with the fam but grandpa--."

"Don't think about him." She quickly said. "I know how to convince him to be on your side and to forgive you for breaking your promise. So just focus on yourself and your family."

"Thank you mom." I got up and hugged her. "Can I help you with your life too?"

"Annette, no one ever needs to help me. You see, I have been in this game for too long. I always win against everyone. It was first my dad who was against Marko, then his family that hated me, and now it's Marko who is angry with me." She smiled. "I can handle my husband and very soon he will go back to the caring Marko he used to be. Just don't worry about my relationship with your father."