Chapter 49.

Third person's POV.

"Can you please stop crying?" She said to Annette who was on the Sofa. "You cried enough for him, just calm down and think about what we will do."

"I love him." Annette mumbled. "I didn't mean to shoot him. I just wanted to shoot Kathleen, not Elijah." She added.

"You don't need to tell me that. I know you would never shoot Elijah but his family doesn't know that. They hurting right now and they need someone to blame." She wiped Annette's tears. "I know I am not your friend but you are like a sister to me."

"You are Adrian's girl, you can't be friends with his enemy. I shot his cousin, whether it was an accident or not, Adrian will forever hate me. And Uncle Benjamin and Sofia hate me right now and Ollie, Oliver probably disowned me." Annette replied. "The only person who I can talk to is Emily but I don't want to get her in trouble. I don't want the Carson family to be divided." 

"You very kind-hearted." She smiled. "Annette, if you stop crying I promise I will call Adrian and find out how Elijah is doing." 

"Really?" Annette got up. 

"Of course." She smiled and started dialing Adrian's number. "If you cry again, I will hang up on Adrian." She warned Annette. "Hey Adrian, I just found out about Elijah. How are you feeling right now?" 

"I'm so sorry I forgot to call you." Adrian slapped his forehead. 

"It's fine. I know you have so many things on your mind right now." She replied. "Adrian, how is Elijah doing?"

"Well, he just kicked us out of his room. Alex, Eli is hurting and he is in shock. He wants to see Annette and we looking for her." 

"He really wants to see her?" Alex asked and Annette smiled.

"Yeah, but we not going to let that happen. You know family is first for me and she shot him so there is no way we will forget about this and not kill her. Alex, I'll call you back later." He quickly disconnected the call. 

"Well Elijah is out of danger but you and your baby are in great danger. So stay here until we know the Carsons are not looking for you." Alex said and Annette shook her head.

"I can never risk your life." She smiled. "You have always been good to me. Thank you for helping me but I need to leave now before Adrian or someone finds me here."

"Where will you go?" Alex questioned.

"I can't tell you." Annette hugged her before leaving her house. "I shot him." She mumbled to herself. "I need to stay away from him. I can't hurt him anymore." She wiped her tears. "I'll have to go to grandpa's hideout, it is the only place safe for me right now.

--------

"He fired me!" Kathleen shouted. "How dare he fired me? That useless fucking brat fired me!" She started breaking everything in her house. "I made a wrong move by not finishing him when Annette left the hotel room that day. I should've just strangled him but instead, I was shocked. I couldn't believe Annette had it in her to shoot someone that is not a threat to her. That bitch will definitely pay for what she did to me. I will kill her myself if the Carsons don't do anything to her."

"Kathleen." Melissa came into the room, out of breath. "Annette, she--she has a--." She sat down on the couch, trying to catch her breath. "Annette has a bounty on her head." 

"What?" Kathleen asked confused. 

"Sister, her life is a ticking bomb. Everyone wants to kill her in order to please Benjamin."