Chapter 37.

Annette's POV.

I woke up in my room, my head spinning. I don't believe that fortune-teller. I could never shoot Kathleen in front of Elijah. Why would I even do that? I am not jealous of her and Elijah.

"How are you feeling?" Elijah asked and I smiled.

"How did I get here?" 

"That fortune-teller dropped you here. She said you passed out after you saw something in the future." He answered. "Now tell me what did that evil woman show you?"

"Just a happy family." I can't tell him what I actually saw. That fortune-teller is a liar. I don't believe her and I don't trust her. "Why do you hate her so much?"

"She told me the person who loves me the most will be the one that will leave me. But I know my parents will never leave me so I don't care about her predictions." 

"Is that all?" I questioned.

"She also told me there is a big chance I might lose my life-saving someone and there can only be two survivers. Annette, this woman is bored and she is trying to get inside our minds so she can control us." Elijah said and I hugged him.

"I know." I cried. I might not understand what that woman means by two survivers but I will do everything in my power to make sure Elijah is safe. I can't let anything happen to him. I love him and if Kathleen wants to kill him then she will have to go through me first. I need to get my camera out of her house and start planning something big. I need to outsmart her. She is very conning and I know she can't be working alone. There has to be someone who knows the whole family that gives her information.

"Well, I got good news for you." He smiled at her. 

"Are you proposing?" I giggled. "I am joking." I pulled his cheek. "Tell me the news?"

"I am going to fire Kathleen tomorrow?" 

"Why?" I wanted him to fire Kathleen from day one but I don't know if it will be a good idea to kick her out of the company. How will I keep an eye on her if she is gone?

"Because you want her gone and I don't want you always stressing about Kathleen."

"Thank you." If Kathleen leaves the company then she will probably send one of her minions to apply for the job then I will be able to find the missing pieces. She is not as smart as I thought she is. She will finally make the mistake I have been waiting for her to make. 

Thank you, God, for helping me.

"Elijah, my parents are worried. I need to leave now." I got up and picked my phone up. 

"I already told them you sleeping over so you can't go home this time."  He snacked his arms around my waist. "I missed you a lot when I was in Italy." He kissed me. 

"You only miss sleeping with me." I rolled my eyes. "By the way, I missed you a lot." 

"So do you want to go to a party with me tomorrow night?" He asked.

"You know I will go with you but I need to first tell my parents." I am an adult but my parents don't like me attending parties especially if it's with Elijah because everyone knows him and his reputation isn't so good.

"Tell me what your parents say so I can tell Adrian if you coming with or not."

"Will Adrian bring his girlfriend." I smiled. I met Adrian's girl a couple of times but I never thought they were serious. 

"He said it's too dangerous for her so she isn't coming with." 

"And you don't think it would be too dangerous for me?" I asked.