Chapter 86.

Annette's POV.

Red and Ryker fell asleep too early so I left their room and went downstairs to the kitchen. Elijah was eating while reading something on his Ipad.

"How are you doing?" I asked, taking a seat.

"Fine." He answered.

"What are you reading about?"

"Nothing important." He replied.

"Good." I smiled. "So..."

"What do you want?" He locked his Ipad and looked at me. "I know you want something."

"I heard there is going to be a party for the employees at your company." This is harder than I thought. I am so scared of asking him to take me with him.

"So?" He is such an asshole.

"Umm, can I attend the party?" I feel so stupid right now. I wish I just got dressed for the party and tell him I am his plus-one when we are in the car.

"You are not invited." What a rude guy!

"I know that." I told him. "But I can go with you as your plus-one."

"What?" He laughed. "And who said I want you as my plus one?"

"Well you can't go alone, you need a partner that's why I am your plus-one."

"I don't need you." He said. "I already have a plus-one but even if I didn't, I would never take a shameless woman like you. You are below my standards."

"Who is your plus-one?" I asked.

"You will see the headlines when I take her to the party. Now will you excuse me, I have to go to bed early." He got up and left me in the kitchen.

"I am your fiancee." I shouted. Why does he have to have a big ego? Can't he just forget I hurt him once? It's not like I will hurt him again.

I cleaned the kitchen before going to bed. I hope I don't have a nightmare or else Elijah will throw me out of this house.

I fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the night because I had a nightmare but Elijah didn't come to my room like last night so I went to check on him and the kids.

I checked the children's room first because Ryker was crying. I gave him the milk on the table so he stopped crying.

I went to Elijah's room and he was sleeping. I can't believe Elijah is sleeping through everything today. I switched the light on just to irritate him but he didn't wake up. He really is tired of me.

"You really going to ignore me." I walked to his bed and pulled the blanket. "Where did he go this time of the night?"

I left his room and went downstairs to look for him but I couldn't find him so I decided to wait for him to come home.

An hour later someone opened the front door so I got up.

"Where were you?" I asked Elijah.

"This is my house, I don't answer to you." He replied.

"Well, since we live together don't you think I deserve to know when you go out late at night."

"You only live here because my dad asked me to allow you to see the kids and as for 'you deserve to know'." He smirked. "You don't deserve to know anything because you are a nobody to me but since you are awake I might as well tell you." He said. "I went outside for some fresh air."

"You were outside for hours just for fresh air."

"Well, your nightmares are not helping." He snapped. "I can hardly sleep in my own house so maybe if you move out of my house, I won't need to go out for fresh air."