Chapter 99.

Elijah's POV.

I had back-to-back meetings the whole day so I didn't get a chance to check on the kids. Times like these I am grateful Annette is back because she can look after the kids when I am not there.

"Are you not tired yet?" I asked my dad who was still busy with some paperwork.

"I am but I need to finish these before I go home." My dad replied. "Why are you still here?"

"I was busy with some work but I am done now." I said. "Let me help you." I offered.

"It's something you can't help me with son so please go home. I am sure Red and Ryker are crying for you." My dad said so I nodded. "Safe travels."

"Good night dad." I left his office.

I went home and the house was quiet. Annette must've fallen asleep after putting the babies to sleep. It's really hard to manage twins.

I went to the kid's room and they were both sleeping but Annette wasn't there so I went to her room and she was getting dressed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Don't you knock?" She asked annoyed.

"It's my house so where are you going this time?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you to come back so I could go out." She replied. "I haven't been out since before I found out I was pregnant and that was two years ago."

"You went out on your missions." I said and she smirked.

"Those were missions so they don't count." She's right about that but I am sure she was having fun seducing some of the men she killed. "Don't you want to help with my zip?"

"Nope. Maybe ask the men you are going to meet at the club." I told her and she giggled. "By the way, you are ugly, and your dress is too short. People are going to mistake you for a . . . you know, those girls who have a different job compared to you."

"You burning with jealousy." She said.

"Me?" I laughed. "You see, some women these days forget that personality matters but you, you are really ugly either way so please think before you accuse someone of being jealous when it comes to you."

"Okay, Mr Carson." She smiled. "Since you won't help me get dressed, please leave my room."

"You said you wouldn't hide things anymore so tell me where are you really going?" I asked.

"I'm going to the club with Meghan, my sister." She said. "My mom grounded her so the only way she can leave the house is if she goes with me and since Meghan and I have a lot to talk about I thought of drinking and dancing with her while we talk. Eli, don't forget my sister and I haven't had time to sit and talk ever since I returned."

"Tell her I said congratulations and I hope I get an invite to her wedding."

"That wedding won't happen but I will tell her what you said." She said. "Also, I might bring someone home tonight so if you hear another man's voice just mind your own business."

I ignored what she said and went to my room. I am so tired and Annette is trying to get on my nerves. I should sleep before I start overthinking and end up making a mistake.

I kept tossing and turning for hours, I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to give Annette a call to see if she was okay but she didn't answer my calls.

It's already past midnight, where is that idiot?

I know that idiot is fine wherever she is but I hope she's not making the wrong decisions.

The second I fell asleep, Annette woke me up