Chapter 45.

Annette's POV.

I left early in the morning to do a pregnancy test. I didn't tell my mother anything because I want to surprise her. I know she has a hard time believing that I am not pregnant so the second I get my results I will show it to her.

Just a couple of more minutes before I can prove myself to my mother.

"You know you can stop biting your nails." Adam said and I snapped out of my thoughts. 

"The results are taking too long." I told him. "You said you would get it fast that is why I came to you for help. Adam, why are they taking too long?"

"I told them I want accurate results so they probably going to do a couple of tests to see if they all show the same answer." 

"Why didn't they send the first one?" I asked.

"Annette if you so impatient get out of my car and do something to keep you busy." He said and I hit him on the head. 

"Adam, you are not helping." 

"Speaking of help, did you open the files I send you last night." He asked and I looked at him confused. "The files about Elijah."

"I trust my boyfriend so stop trying to break my relationship with him." 

"Anne, I care about you and you know I would never want anything bad to happen to you so just look at those files and you will see what kind of a man is your boyfriend." He said. "Please look at those files for my sake."

"Adam." He pouted and I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I will look at it." I opened my phone and went to the file he sent me last night. He is so convinced that Elijah is not a good boyfriend. 

I stared at the picture of Elijah and Kathleen. Adam is smart, he must've photoshopped these pictures. 

"Adam!" I looked at him angry. "I thought we were friends. How could you do this?" 

"Listen, I send some spies to keep an eye on Elijah because I don't trust him. So take a deep breath in and out and don't hit me." 

"Why are you stalking Elijah? Wait, how did you even get these pictures? Didn't Elijah's bodyguards even caught you stalking him." 

"Annette, Elijah doesn't have bodyguards. In fact, he lied when he told everyone that his bodyguards keep their distance and they follow him everywhere." 

"I should've known Elijah fired his bodyguards. He never wants anyone to follow him, he thinks he doesn't need people to protect him." I need to tell his father before that stupid fool gets kidnapped. "Let's stop talking about Elijah's bodyguards and tell me if you think Elijah is cheating on me?"

"Well, I can't say yes or no but I can say that Kathleen is pretty and she looks like someone who can seduce a man. So my advice to you is to be prepared because sooner or later you might end up heartbroken." 

"I really hate Kathleen. She hates me too but I am sure she hates the Carsons family more. She is always up to something and she even took a bet with me that within a month Elijah will be hers." I told him everything.

"That is why she has been trying to get him in bed. Annette, this girl is doing everything in her power to win the bet. If I was you I would eliminate her before she causes more trouble." 

"You are right but she's hard to kill." I said and he giggled. 

"You will die if your grandfather hears you say that." He smiled. "Annette, the best way to kill a smart target is to make it a surprise."

"I should tell grandpa that you pay attention to him." I hugged him. "I love you."

"Love you too Annette." He replied.