Chapter 25.

Elijah's POV.

I asked her out and rather than just saying yes or no, she gave me a whole speech. I should've known Annette would never want to be my girlfriend. All my other girlfriends were only with me because of my money.

Now everything makes perfect sense.

"Drama queen." My father came to my office. I am glad it's time to go home, at least I will sleep and no one will disturb me in my dreams. "What are you up to this time?"

"Well, unlike you daddy, I did not forget to pick my wife from the charity organization meeting." I said.

"I send the driver to pick her up." Father replied.

"Let me quote what mom said this morning." I got up. "Benjamin Carson, don't forget to pick me up this afternoon and don't even bother sending your driver because I am tired of him. Benji, you know he is not my husband so unless I should marry hi--."

"Shut up Elijah." He said and I giggled.

"You know I can carry on." I smiled.

"I am cursed to have you as a son."

"Well, everyone says I am just like you." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You are your mother's child." My father left my office and I ran after him.

"I am telling mom you called her a curse." I went into the elevator with him. "Emily is coming home so when is he Oliver coming back?" I asked.

"Next week." He answered. "Emily is just coming to surprise your mother, she will be going back to school tomorrow."

"See you at home." I got in my car and went straight home. I finally decided to spend the night at my parent's house to see if I want to move back in, for good.

I went upstairs to my old room. I still love this place so much. I miss when Annette used to come through the window and check up on me. When she would sit on the floor and refuse to sit on the bed with me. I miss when she would hide and Dad would search for her. I miss being her number one best friend. I miss being the one she checks up on the most and calls every single day. I miss the days she would never miss to make time to see me. I miss everything about her. I wonder what that fool is doing right now.

ME: Still awake?"

Annette: It's almost six.

I heard my parents come in so I switched my light off. Maybe, if my room is dark they won't know I am here.

ME: So you don't take naps anymore?

Annette: That was you Eli, not me.

ME: Really? Okay.

Annette: How was work?

This girl is acting like nothing happened last night. I have to ask her out too and get my answer tomorrow. If she doesn't want to be with me, I won't bother talking about this again.

Me: It was okay. Can we go out?

Annette: Sure but why?

Me: I need to talk to you tomorrow. It's an emergency.

"Emily." I heard my mother and threw my phone away. My sister is back. I really miss her a lot.

I quickly came downstairs and everyone was just staring at each other. I wonder what happened while I was up.

Sofia's POV.

"I really don't know why you don't want me to tell the kids, the truth. Benjamin, I don't want them to find out from the media." This is what scares me the most. I know Elijah already knows everything but Emily and Oliver are still babies. Emily can handle the truth but Oliver, I am scared he will be very hurt. He already has a heart condition, I don't want my baby to stress about anything.