Chapter 90.

Elijah's POV.

I left the hospital because I got tired of listening to Annette. She irritates me so much. I wanted to tell her to shut up so many times but the media was there so I had to ignore what she said about me.

I quickly found my manager.

"Hey."

"Hi, big man." He said. "I hope you are ready for your match tonight."

"About that. I won't be able to make it." I told him.

"What?" He snapped. "You can't just pull out at the last minute."

"I can pull out whenever I want. In fact, I can even stop fighting for good after all you are the one that takes every cent I win!" I hang up on him. That fool thinks he can boss me around just because he organizes my fights. I only fight when I want to take my anger out on someone and right now, I don't want to fight. I think I am done with fights, for good.

I heard the doorbell so I went to get the door. Oliver was standing outside, angry.

"What a nice surprise." I said, letting him in.

"Elijah, what's going on with you these days?" He asked. "What happened to you?"

"Nothing, why do you ask?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Uncle Marko is in hospital. Aunt Anna is stressed and you know that stress isn't good for the baby so why would you cause trouble in the family."

"She's not pregnant."

"She really is pregnant. I heard her tell mom."

"Well, mom is covering up for her. She was on it with Aunt Anna and I heard Aunt Anna and Annette talking."

"I don't know when or what you heard but I swear to you she's pregnant." Oliver said. "And Annette." He paused for a second. "Why do you keep hurting her brother? When will you forgive her?"

"She's dead to me Oliv---."

"Stop saying that." He interrupted me. "Elijah, if you were at the hospital, you would've seen how hurt Annette was. She was broken and I know you would never hurt someone you love so what's happening to you?"

"I don't love her, maybe I never loved her that's why I don't care!"

"You are lying to yourself." He said.

"I am not lying to myself." I replied.

"You are." He said. "You are lying to yourself brother because I know you love Annette more than anything, you couldn't even live without her. You couldn't even attend her funeral."

"Maybe you are right. I am lying to myself about not loving Annette but that will never change. I will never let her hurt me again. I wi---."

"Elijah, y---."

"No, Oliver. You listen to me." I interrupted him. "I won't let her hurt me again. She already hurt me twice, I would be a fool if I let her hurt me for a third time."

"She won't hurt you. Why can't you trust her?"

"She broke my trust, twice." I shouted. "Why does everyone think she's hurting? Why can't you see your own brother's pain?"

"You know that your pain is my pain." Oliver said. "You are my brother, my eldest brother, my favorite sibling, don't tell Emily and Seth I ever said that." He smiled. "Elijah, I love you so much and I would never want something bad for you."

"I know."

"So why don't you trust me."

"I do trust you." I said. "It's Annette that I don't trust."