Chapter 91.

Annette's POV.

I came home with the kids and Elijah ran to them.

"Are you okay Red, Ryker?" He asked them while kissing them and I just passed him. "Where did you take the kids?"

"We were at my grandpa's place." I said. "You have a problem with that?"

"Are you crazy?" He asked. "I'll talk to you after I put the kids to bed."

I went to my room and stayed there for what felt like a lifetime. I keep making mistakes, and I always make the wrong decision when I am angry. I am starting to hate myself.

It really feels like whenever I take a step forward, I take a thousand steps back. I miss when I was happy, I miss my happy times. Now I am just broken. A broken girl, from a broken family, who can't even keep anyone happy. Whatever I do, whatever I decide, it feels like I am hurting someone.

Today I went to my grandpa and made another decision because I was angry. Every time I think I accomplish something; I get a setback but not anymore. From now onwards I will do what's best for my kids and that's all. I don't care about anyone else.

"You took my kids to your grandpa's place?" Elijah asked. "What the fuck were you thinking?"

"What's wrong with taking them to their great-grandpa?" I got up from my bed.

"It's dangerous. You know your grandpa has a lot of enemies."

"Oh, so your family isn't too dangerous for the kids and your father has zero enemies."

"Don't ever take them to your grandpa's place again." He said. "And next time, tell me where you are going with the kids so I don't need to be worried."

"Okay."

"That's all you going to say?"

"I actually have a lot to say." I said. "You are the worse person I ever met. You are heartless, a spoiled brat who doesn't know anything other than money. Sometimes I wonder if you even have a brain!" I shouted. "Elijah, you almost killed my father, you destroyed my parent's relationship and now, my mom is pregnant but all she can think about is my father. Stress isn't good for the baby but what would you know about that?" I hate him. "You have never worked for anything in your entire life, you were born with a silver spoon. I can't believe I even fell in love with you. I know I told you today but I will tell you again, you are nothing to me. The only reason we even still talk is because of the children. I don't just hate you; I despise you and my biggest regret is accepting your marriage proposal. I am so glad I faked my death before marrying you because being married to you is worse than death. You are a curse. Anyone who ever meets you is doomed." I smiled at him. "I have been nice to you for so long, it's time I told you the truth. Elijah Carson Black, no girl in her right mind will ever love you for who you are 'deep down'. Every girl you were with has always been after your looks or money. And that's how it will always be so if you think you will ever find love, then you are wrong." I told him. "I have made so many mistakes and one of them was begging you to take me back. To be honest, today you opened my eyes when you decided to break my family. I have always thought I regret leaving you but I don't." I touched his face and he pushed me. "I don't regret ever leaving you. breaking your trust or breaking your heart. I can do it a million times. The only thing I ever regret is leaving my children with a crazy spoiled brat like you." He started clapping for me.

"I always knew you would show me your true colours." He smiled. "I mean how long did you think you could pretend to be a nice girl who 'loves' me and who cares about everyone." He shook his head. "I love the fact that you said breaking your heart. Annette Hendricks, I hate to break it to you, but you can break a heart, that loves you so if you think you broke my heart then you are wrong."