Chapter 2

Annette's POV.

As soon as I stole Elijah's car, I knew I had to leave him behind. After all that's his punishment for trying to iron my clothes again and getting them burn, and for beating that other boy who tried to ask me out.

I always take his red car because it is my favorite colour. Red, the colour I love so much yet people think I love red because Elijah likes it.

My phone started ringing, making me snap out of my thoughts.

I quickly put it on loud speaker "Anne when are you going to get your ass here?" Byrne shouted.

I can't believe I forgot I was going to meet him, Kayler and Marian.

"I'm on my way." I quickly disconnected the call.

I have to hurry before they get angry at me again.

*****

"Hey!" I shouted as soon as I saw them sitting at our favorite table.

"Hi." They all said together.

"How you guys doing ?" I quickly asked taking a seat. I have to make sure they don't get a chance to ask me why I'm late?

"We all good. What about you, any luck with a job?" Kayler asked as Byrne and Marian got up to go buy us food.

"I got fired last week but I have an interview this afternoon." I replied.

My parents would kill me if they found out I'm fired again, because I beat my boss. Not that it was my fault. How the hell did he expect me to do everything in a day. Well, when he asked I didn't complain even though I wanted to quit and throw all the pages. But after he said I should go to his house to finish the work I punched him in the face. That pervert thought I was one of those girls who he uses.

"So, how's your boyfriend?" I asked kayler raising an eyebrow. She and Cain have been dating since high school. I never hated him, but I don't like him either.

"His out of the country." She said looking if Byrne and Marian were coming.

I know she's hiding something from me because usually she would talk about Cain the whole day.

"How's your boyfriend?" I looked around to see if she was talking to me.

"I don't have a boyfriend." I said folding my arms angry.

"Mr hot and sexy." She mumbled but I still looked at her confused. "Elijah." She added.

"No." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"You know, if you don't want him Marian would be happy to hear it." Kayler rolled her eyes.

"She can have him. Eli and I just live together like best friend. He is a brother to me." I said as Marian and Byrne came with the food.

"If it's Elijah, we both know his mine." Byrne stated taking his seat.

Just like the rest of the college girls, Byrne had a crush on Elijah since high school. His gay and hot to be honest. The best husband for anyone but he only wants Elijah. I tried convincing him that Elijah isn't gay but he just kept saying I'm jealous.