Chapter 6

Annette's POV.

I kept playing with my food, the whole time. I don't know why I'm scared of Elijah finding out the truth.

"You can talk to me, Red." Elijah said, making me snap out of my thoughts. "You not hungry?"

"Yeah." I faked a smile. "Eli, why did you ask Eros to ask me out?"

"That traitor, I know I shouldn't have trusted him." Elijah mumbled. "Anne, I just want to marry my sister off before she turns thirty."

"Why do you want to marry Emily of?" I looked at him confused.

"I am talking about you." He replied.

"I'm twenty-two and if I ever want to get married, I'll look for a guy myself. So please, stop it." I told him.

"If that is what you want, then I'll stop looking for your lover." He got up. "Please do the dishes, I have to go to bed because I have an early meeting, tomorrow."

"You never care about work Elijah so what are you hiding." I said. "Do you like your PA?"

"She's pretty but she's just my PA. Nothing will happen between us." He walked away.

I left the dishes in the sink, I'm sure Elijah will wash it in the morning.

"Anne." Elijah shouted and I ran upstairs. I am dead sure it is about Oliver. I should have told him, he is sleeping in his room but I forgot.

"What is wrong, with you?" I questioned.

"Why is Oliver in my bed?" He asked.

"I told him he can sleep in your room because your room is the biggest." I replied. "Now sleep in the guest room."

"Fine." Elijah left for the guest room and I giggled.

I went straight to my room and took my laptop out. I started video calling, my best friends. I am sure they enjoying the sleepover, without me.

"Hey bitch, we have been waiting for your call." Marian complained. "I can't believe you refused to come sleepover, we having fun without you."

"I told you guys, Oliver is here and I can't just sleepover the one night he comes over. You know I love and care about Oliver a lot." I explained.

"So you already ditching us for your brother-in-law." Kayler said.

"Come on guys, Oliver is just a teenager and he is super cute. Anyone with eyes would choose him over you three." I replied.

"Are you trying to say we ugly?" Byrne questioned and I nod my head. "At least we not like you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"People with eyes can at least see us, Elijah didn't notice you for twenty-two years." Marian giggled. "You loved him since the day you were born."

"Marian." Kayler hit her on the head. "You know Annette is an emotional person."

"Kayler, we just joking with one another." I assured Kayler. "So did anyone of you got an invitation to the red carpet party?"

"Don't tell us, you going." Byrne said.

"Eli didn't tell me anything but if I get invited, I'll hook you up with single guys so we can meet there." I told them and it started raining.

"That's my best friend." Marian blew me a kiss.

"I have to go, Oliver is scared of thunderstorms." I hang up.

I went to the room Oliver was sleeping in and Elijah was with him. I should have known his brother would never leave him. He probably even checked the weather just to make sure Oliver is fine.