Chapter 1

Elijah's POV.

"ANNETTE!" I called her as I took my seat on the table.

Annette and I have been living together since we graduated from high school. I'm the one who offered her a place to stay because her parents Mom Anna and Uncle Marko didn't want her staying alone. But that was the biggest mistake of my life.

"What the hell do you want?" She asked me as she came out of the kitchen.

"Food." I mumbled. "I'm starving, sister."

"Fine. I'll bring your tea so long." she replied rolling her. She quickly turned around and left for the kitchen.

That was too quick, I used to beg her for hours just to make food or bring me water, but today she's definitely up to something. I wonder what she wants?

"I made such a good tea that you'll never forget my Elijah." She smiled walking with the cup of tea.

"You know I drink coffee but I'll just have this tea for your sake." I looked at her confused and she put the cup of tea on the table.

She left for the kitchen again before I could say a word.

I always preferred coffee over tea but looks like I'll just have to be grateful for the tea today.

I started to drink the tea but before I even swallowed it, I spit it out.

"ANNETTE" I shouted.

"Was the tea tasty?" She started laughing.

"Very tasty, what did you put in the tea?" I questioned putting the cup down. "I swear I'll kill you one day." I mumbled.

"I would love to see you try." She replied taking a seat. " By the way there was two full teaspoon of salt, and of course one teaspoon of your favorite chilly powder in that tea." She continued. "So did you enjoy it, brother?"

"I wish I didn't let you live with me."

"You scared my boyfriend away Eli, you just want to see me die alone." She said narrowing her eyes at me. I hope she didn't find out I took revenge on her and drugged her ex to cheat on her. But I know her well, I know she would never love someone like Eros. As much as I hate to say it, she was too nice to be with someone like Eros. Anyone who gets to marry my sister will be the luckiest person on earth.

"Don't worry I also have a surprise for you." I smiled.

"What are you up to?" She questioned.

"I tried, you know." I said acting sad and sorry. "You know Elijah can never do anything wrong." I tried my best not to laugh.

"You did it again you son of a--" she didn't finish the sentence. She got out of her seat and ran upstairs.

Damn, I'm such a sweet handsome genius.

I ran after her to witness how her face will be when she sees all her short dresses burnt.

"What the" she said trying to calm down. I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help smiling. "You dead meat Elijah." She said turning around

"Shit." I can't believe I forgot to hide again.

I quickly tried to ran but as soon as I turned around she already had my arm.

"Let me go." I shouted. All she ever does is use violence to sort me out. "I'm going to be late for work."

"You know I would've put you in a coma long time ago, If you weren't Mom Sofia's son." She said as she push me to the wall with both her hands on my neck. Sometimes I wish she wasn't a girl or else I would beat her up.