Chapter 76.

Third Person's POV.

"Did Elijah message anyone?" Emily asked and they all shook their heads. "I thought he would message us the second he leaves his office so we could time him."

"I am sure he forgot and he is on his way now." Kai said.

"That's what you said an hour ago." Scarlett replied. "Let's give him a call."

"That's a good idea." Adrian checked his pockets but couldn't find his phone. "I think I left mine in the car."

"I'll call him." Kai took his phone out. "So many missed calls from, Benjamin." 

"Call Uncle back and I will call Elijah." Scarlett took her phone out and dialed Elijah's number.

"Hello, sorry I miss--."

"Is Elijah there?" Benjamin asked quickly. "Is he there with you Kai?"

"No, he went to the office to get some files." 

"Oh, can you reach his phone, because I have been trying but it goes straight to voicemails." Benjamin said.

"Scarlett, did Elijah answer the call?" Kai asked and she shook her head.

"It rings but there's no answer." Scarlett said.

"Elijah is not answering his phone but he went to the office to get some work done, you know how much he loves work so I will go there myself and ask him why he is ignoring our calls." Kai told Benjamin.

"I don't think he is ignoring us, I think something happen to my son because his last message was confusing. Kai, take the girls home, I will meet you at the office." Benjamin disconnected the call.

"I am glad I only had one drink." Kai mumbled. "Let's go home." 

"Kai, what did my dad say, did something happen to Elijah?" Emily asked.

"I don't know Emily." They all got in the car except Adrian. "Adrian, what are you doing?"

"I will go to the office, you can drop the girls off." Adrian took his phone out of the car and got in a cab. 

'I hope Elijah is safe where ever he is, this is not a time to play around.' Adrian said to himself.

He arrived at the company and Elijah's car was parked outside. 

"This means he is still here! That fucking asshole made us worried for no reason! He is a workaholic!" Adrian smiled.

Adrian took the elevator and went to Elijah's office. 

"Asshole!" He said entering the room. "Elijah?" He looked around. "Why did he leave his phone?" Adrian picked the phone up. "Elijah never leaves his phone on the floor, someone must've taken him." He went through Elijah's text messages and saw the last messages Elijah send.

Elijah: There is nothing in my office so which file were you talking about?

Secretary: What file Mr. Carson?

Me: The new deal! The one you just send a message about a few minutes ago!

Elijah: Dad, are the kids fine?

Elijah: Send men after Oliver, I think he is in trouble.

Elijah: I have been tricked.

"Elijah was the target that's why they used the secretary to get him alone! I have to tell everyone he is missing." Adrian ran out of the office and bumped into a security guard.