Chapter 85.

Annette's POV.

I can't believe I had a nightmare of the night Kathleen died. I didn't even kill her yet I feel so much guilt. And the idiot I saved, just told me to die in that shooting. If only he knew he is the reason why I had that nightmare. If I didn't save him if I didn't see Kathleen that night then I wouldn't be getting nightmares of her. I hope her soul rests in peace.

The next morning I woke up early and showered. I took a shirt from the closet and put it on. I am so happy Uncle Benjamin convinced Elijah to let me spend time with the children. I can even get close to Elijah during the process of making my children love me as their mother. 

I started making breakfast, I don't know what the kids love to eat but I know every child doesn't mind porridge. 

"What the hell are you wearing?" Elijah said so I turned around. 

"You didn't startle me." I said. "And I am just wearing a shirt I didn't know I had to ask you permission to wear what's in the guest room's closet." I am making porridge for him and our children but rather than thanking me he is angry over a simple shirt. It's not even a designer shirt. 

"Of course, you have to ask me for permission. They are my clothes." He gets angry over everything. He needs a chill pill.

"Okay, Mr. Carson. Can I please wear your shirt?" I asked.

"You already wore it so you might as well keep it." He said.

"Thank you, Mr. Carson." 

"Don't call me that." He said. 

"Fine Sir." I smiled. "I will only call you Sir from now onwards." 

"Good." He left the kitchen. 

I dished up for the children and Elijah. I add some salt on Elijah's one because he is salty these days. 

Elijah came down with the kids. 

"Good morning Red and Ryker." I kissed them. "Can I please feed Ryker?"

"Sure." He gave Ryker to me. "Just make sure the porridge isn't hot or poisoned."

"Why would the porridge be poisoned? I made it myself."

"Exactly!" He smirked. 

"I would never poison my children." I told him. "But I would poison you."

"What did you really come back for Annette?" He asked.

"My family." I said. "You, my kids, and everyone else. I missed you all a lot." 

"I guess you still a liar." He shook his head. "I don't even know why I bothered asking you that question when you constantly lie every single time about everything."

"I know I hurt you Elijah and I promise that was never part of the plan." I told him. "I never meant to hurt you."

"What was the plan then?" He questioned. 

"The plan was for me to leave the family but not to hurt anyone." I said and he laughed. 

"Red, you had enough." He asked our daughter. "The kids had enough, they full."

"Why don't you have some." I passed his bowl to him. "You also need to eat.

"Of course." He took Red to the living room and came back. "Let Ryker play with his sister." He took Ryker from me and took him to the living room. He came back to the kitchen and sat down. "Let me taste the porridge the dead made." He thinks he is funny. I wish I didn't forget my new phone in the room, I would've taken a picture of his reaction.