Chapter 38.

Annette's POV.

I got dressed for the party Elijah invited me to and both my parents gave me their permission. I am happy that he invited me to a party but I am feeling scared right now.

"We here." Elijah opened the car door for me and I looked around. 

"This is the party?" I am not a rude person but I would never dream about coming here for a party. This place looks disgusting and scary.

"The party is inside Anne." He replied. "Now let's go inside." He took my hand. "Elijah." He told the doorman his name while giving him his ID and then they let us go inside.

"I thought you were taking me to the rich boring parties you used to attend." I mumbled looking at the people in the club. This place is not for me. The people here are exchanging drugs in front of everyone. I wonder where the police are? And why do they even check people's ID when this place is so corrupted.

"I stopped attending them when I was eighteen and by the way, you said it yourself they are boring." Elijah said. "Now stay here and order whatever you want while I call Adrian." 

"You leaving me alone?" I asked.

"Anne, you know how to defend yourself. And you have your gun, right?" I shook my head. "Take mine."

"Eli, the people are watching." I mumbled.

"No one cares about anything that happens here." He said.

"What if the media finds out you here? Eli, it will ruin our reputation so let's go home." I tried to leave but he pulled me back.

"Journalists are not allowed here, I promise. Annette, no one can tell anyone what happens here, or else the owners will kill them. When you enter this club, you can only leave with what you came with. This means if you see someone dead or doing drugs you have to act like you haven't seen anything. So stop being a baby and act tough." 

"Be back in a minute." I told him and he kissed me on the forehead before leaving. I am so scared right now but I have to act tough. I am Anna's daughter, I can kill anyone that tries to harm me. 

I went to the bartender and ordered a glass of water. I can't drink any strong drinks without Elijah. That stupid Elijah better hurry up or else I will leave this place. 

The second I started drinking my glass of water, someone pushed me and I dropped the glass.

"I said I will pay you back tomorrow." A woman shouted at a man and I got up. This woman looks rich so why would she be in debt. Her necklace must be worth millions of dollars.

"You said that every day." The man shouted. "Now just give me the fucking necklace." I feel like helping her pay but I don't want to get in trouble. Elijah said no one cares about what happens here so if someone kills me no one will even know I died here.

"Here is my sister, ask her for the money if you won't wait until tomorrow." She pointed at me.

"Are you drunk, I am not your sister." I snapped. I can't believe I fell sorry for her. She is a criminal that wants to rob me.

"Can I see your ID?" The man asked.

"I don't have my ID here because I came here with my b---."

"She came here with me." The woman interrupted me. "She is my younger sister and she is new here." She grabbed my purse from me. 

"Hey!" I snapped.

"Sister, calm down. I promise I will pay you back tomorrow." She opened my purse and took my money out. "I will pay you back the rest, tomorrow at eleven sharp!" She gave him the money and he left. "Sorry about that, I promise I will pay you back tomorrow."