Chapter 62.

Elijah's POV.

I kept running and running. I couldn't hear anything. I was tired and the words 'she's dead' broke me. I couldn't stop myself. I couldn't stop running, the rain kept pouring but my tears felt like it was rain itself. 'She's dead', kept echoing in my head.  My mom's voice kept repeating she's dead. How can my Annette be dead? How could she leave me?

I broke down and slowly fell to the ground and all the memories I had with Annette started playing like a DVD in my head. 

-Flashback-

"You know what I want to be when I grow up?" Seven-year-old Annette said, wearing a white dress. 

"My servant." Elijah smiled.

"No Queen shall ever be a servant." Annette replied and Sofia giggled. "I'll be a bride when I grow up, and the King shall bow down to me as I walk down--." Annette forgets her line. "Mom, where am I supposed to walk down?"

"Aisle." Anna said with a smile.

"Anna, I think we should change the lines because this is the fourth time Elijah said servant, and Annette forgot her line." Sofia.

"They are kids, it's understandable. I am sure they will get it right when doing it in front of the school kids, next week."

---

"Annette, we're late for school, let's go." I shouted she ran out of the house and got in my car. "You are not going to school with that skirt, go change."

"Last month, I wore a short dress and you looked me in the school storeroom and let's not forget the fact you forgot me in there. Elijah, please don't let us argue about the clothes I wear sometimes." She turned away from me. "Now let's go to school."

"We'll see if this car moves." I said so she got out of the car and went to change. I need to start buying her new clothes, these skirts of hers are too short and her mother doesn't even say anything. She is a student, not some crazy adult. 

--  --  -- 

"Anne?" I said and she panicked and ran upstairs. "Annette." I shouted stopping her and that's when I noticed she didn't just gain weight, she is pregnant. "You pregnant." I smiled. "Idiot why didn't you tell me?" I pulled her cheek. "You look like you carrying triplets."  I have never been this happy. I'll be a father soon!

----

Annette, I love you." 

"I love you too Elijah."

----

"I really love you a lot, Elijah. I love you so much, trust me no one has ever loved anyone as much as I love you."

"Then why are you so eager to leave me alone and go away." I pulled her to my lap and she sat down. "I love you a lot so don't ask me to give you space."

"I just want to go out alone tomorrow and after that, you can start following me around." She smiled. "You look so handsome when you are annoyed."

"Then marry me please." I said and she got up.

"What?" She asked.

"I'll marry you." I said and she shook her head confused. "What? You are saying no?"

"No." She slapped her forehead. "Of course I will marry you but did you ask me to marry you?"

-  -  - - -