Chapter 55.

Annette's POV.

I woke up in the middle of the night. I quickly left Elijah alone on the bed. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I made my way to the sitting room. I am expecting a baby girl, I am happy but I don't know why I feel scared. I love this baby but a son is what I thought I was expecting.

I wiped my tears!

'Stress isn't good for you Annette, breath in and out!' 

"I love you, my baby, I love you more than anyone in this world." I kept rubbing my tummy. "I wish, I was a strong mother but I am weak. I prayed for a son because I thought that would solve my problems but I know God blessed me with you for a reason." Tears started rolling down my cheeks. "Your daddy is happy that you are a girl." I smiled. "I know he is going to be a better parent than me but I promise to challenge him. I hope if you ever have a favorite parent it will be me. I can't wait to meet you, my baby. You will have all the love in this world. Even your grumpy grandfather Benjamin Carson loves you a lot. And let me not forget your great grandfather Henry Kingston. My grandfather is a little stubborn and grumpy honey, but I know you will change him and make him accept Elijah as your father and my boyfriend. I don't know why I never want you to leave my tummy. I know I won't always keep you here but--." I am so scared. "Baby, this is a dangerous world and I am scared you might pay for the Carsons bad deeds or the Kingston. I am scared for you honey but I promise to protect you and never let anything happen to you or to your father. I will always protect you and I will make sure I get rid of that stupid Kathleen before she targets you. 

 -   -  -

The next morning I woke up next to Elijah. 

"How did you sleep, beautiful?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Did you---." He quickly cut me off.

"Why were you sleeping on the couch?" He asked with a smile.

"I don't know. Maybe I got tired of looking at your face." I giggled. "Elijah, stop thinking about why I was sleeping on the couch and tell me where Kathleen is."

"I see." 

"What?" I smiled. 

"You left me in the cold just to think about Kathleen. Anne, just forget about Kathleen and focus on me and our baby. I promise Kathleen won't ever return."

"Did you kill her?" I questioned and he quickly put his hand over my mouth. 

"Don't say such a word in front of my little girl." He replied. "You know our baby is probably listening."

"Sorry." I should hide all the baby books from him before he goes crazy. "But did you do it?"

"No! We would I kill her? Didn't you say I shouldn't kill innocent people?"

"Kathleen isn't innocent is just that she covers her tracks well. Elijah, that woman is the biggest threat right now. If you ignore the signs she will kill our entire family." 

"If we going to talk about signs then let me also tell you what I dream about." He thinks this is a joke. When will he fucking grow up. 

"Elijah this isn't about dreams! This is a serious matter. I swear it's not jealously. I have nothing against Kathleen. I just want you to know how dangerous she is."

"Anne, you are pregnant and your hormones are messing with you. Kathleen is out of the picture so please just calm down and forget about her."

"I will never forget Kathleen." I replied. "Elijah, I don't care if you forget about Kathleen and you decide to ignore the fact that she is a threat but I will never forget her nor leave her. I care about my baby unlike you. I won't give birth to this baby until I kill her."