Chapter 51.

Annette's POV.

I woke up and checked my phone. I read the message from my mother and sighed. My mother should learn not to put something on the stove when she is leaving. 

I got up and went downstairs. I saw the front door open and I heard noises coming from the kitchen so I decided to check who is in the house. 

The second my eyes caught Elijah, my jaw dropped and my heart sunk. Is he really here? I'm I dreaming again? 

Elijah turned around and I froze. I had enough dreams of him. I always think I see him, there is no way he could've found me. I know I miss him a lot but it's time I stopped imaging him everywhere. I can't even see a man without thinking he is Elijah.

"Anne?" He spoke and that's when I realized I wasn't dreaming anymore. I panicked and ran upstairs. "Annette." He shouted stopping me. He opened his mouth to say something but just shook his head looking at my pregnant tummy.

"What do you want?" I didn't know what else to say. My brain stopped functioning long time ago. I want to say tell him I love him, I miss him, I want to be with him but that will never happen because I will never be able to say any of those words to him.

"You pregnant." He smiled. "Idiot why didn't you tell me?" He pulled my cheek. "You look like you carrying triplets." He let my hand go.

Only Elijah can act like nothing ever happened. He isn't even angry, he is just so happy about my pregnancy. Doesn't he even remember I shot him? I almost killed him yet he still acts like the shooting never happened. 

"Yeah, I'm pregnant." I mumbled. 

"For how long? You look like you are about to give birth." He chuckled. 

"Ha ha." I don't know how I will escape Elijah now.

"How long?" He asked again.

"Around six." I wanted to lie to him but I just couldn't. 

"Wow." He smiled. "So were you always hiding here?"

"No." I answered. "I came here a couple of weeks ago."

"I was here a couple of weeks ago." Elijah said.

"I came just after you searched this house." I replied.

"Ah, so you know I was looking for you?" He asked and I nod my head. "Annette why did you run away? The whole family was worried about you." 

"Sorry." They wanted to kill me and I am apologizing for keeping myself and my baby safe.

"You don't need to apologize." He took my hand. "No one will even care about the fact you were hiding from us when they find out you are pregnant." 

"Elijah, you can't tell anyone about me until I talk to my family." I said and he picked me up. "Elijah, you going to hurt me."

"Annette we are part of your family." He said. "Now just come with me please or I will have to force you."

"I don't want to go with you because you just want to kill me." I snapped and he put me do. 

"You think I want to kill you?"

"I know you want your revenge." I answered.

"Annette, I know you didn't mean to shoot me so why would I want revenge?" He thinks I am a fool! He thinks I forgot about the fact I have a bounty on my head because of him. 

"Elijah, I am just scared." Two can play this game. I won't be a fool and follow all your commands. 

"Annette I know you are acting." He replied. "Listen, even if I wanted to kill you I would never kill my child and right now you carrying my child so there is no way I can kill you."