Chapter 32.

Annette's POV.

"Elijah, stop crying please." He could've just studied acting rather than all those business shit.

"My eggs." Sometimes I wonder what I was fucking thinking when I fell in love with him. I know every normal person would cry for their house but instead, he chose to waste his tears for fucking eggs.

Rich people's problems are the worse.

"Eli, I promise I will call the best chef in town to make you eggs." I tried to comfort him and he shook his head.

"I will only eat them on one condition." 

"There are no conditions Elijah. You can eat them or leave them, it's up to you." I got up.

"Can I stay with you please. Anne, I am homeless." We both got in the car and he started driving.

"Your family is fucking rich, you can never be homeless." I said.

"I knew I could count on you." He smiled. "I always thought guys that lived with their girlfriends were stupid but I understand why they do it. It's so much fun."

"You better not be talking about my fucking house because my parents will kill you."

"Don't you trust God?" He stopped the car in front of my parent's house. "This is his way of telling me to move in with my in-laws.  I already planned everything." He continued. "You have a bathroom in your room so I will sleep in your room, use your bathroom and you will get me food. I have to also order clothes today because I got none."

"Can't you just fetch some of your clothes from your parents, grandpa, or cousin's house." 

"Nope." He answered. "I need new clothes for your house."

"You can only stay at my house, tonight." I stated.

"Did you ever read a bible." He clicked his tongue. "Anne, Romans 12:2 says, those who help everyone shall get everything they ask in life. So if I stay with you until I find a better place, you shall be rewarded." My jaw dropped.

"That verse says nothing like that." I got out of the car. "Now come through the window but make sure no one sees you." 

I am playing with fire inviting Elijah to stay with me. I know my mother will kill us both if she finds him here.

I locked my door and opened the window for Elijah. I wonder how long it will take to fix his kitchen and everything that got damaged. 

"Thanks." He smiled, sitting on my couch. "You have a big room, if we ever fight I will just buy a single bed and put it that side."

"Elijah, we will never share a room. You can only stay here for a couple of days. I don't want my family to find out about you. I want to be the one to tell them we dating when you are ready." I already regret inviting him to live with me. 

"Can I use your laptop? I need to do some urgent work." He just took my laptop. "What's the password?"

"You know the password so just stay here until I get you food." It feels like I am babysitting a big baby that never listens to anyone. 

I wonder where mom is today? She never leaves without telling me anything. 

I called her on my cellphone and she answered.

"Hey, honey." 

"Hi, Mom. Did you go somewhere?" I asked.

"Annette are you serious?" 

"Mom, why would I be joking about something like that?" I have been so focused on the Carsons that I forgot about my own family.

"You know I am never at home on the seventeenth of this month. Annette, what is wrong with you honey? Are you okay?"