Chapter 8.

My heart stopped beating, as Elijah jumped in front of the bullet to save me.

"Eli, please open your eyes." I begged, crying on top of him. If I knew he would be so foolish and take a bullet for me, I would have never allowed him. "I'm sorry, I promise, I'll apologize to your PA. I'll do whatever you ask me so please don't leave." I can't lose him. How will I live with myself if he dies because of me. "Eli, please wake up." I begged.

"Drop your weapons." I heard Adrian's voice but I didn't bother turning to look at them.

"Eli, why don't you want to wake up?" I hugged him, tightly. "I'll die with you, if you leave. I love you and I promise to do everything you ask, I'll even apologize to Every one, just please wake up."

"I can't breath." Elijah mumbled.

"I knew you would never leave me, I'll call the ambulance." I said and Elijah looked at me weird.

"Who died?" He looked around. Elijah got up and I checked his whole body, but he wasn't even bleeding.

"You got shot Elijah but you not bleeding." I shook my head confused and Elijah started unzipping his jacket. "Bulletproof vest?"

"Do you think I'm so stupid to jump in front of a bullet. Annette, I love you sister but I love myself too. Sister, only a crazy guy would jump in front of a bullet for a girl. No one is worth dying for. By the way, why do you always act like you at my funeral. I don't know what I ever did to you but whenever I hurt myself or we argue you act like you are talking at my funeral." He walked away from me. Why did he act like he was dead?

He could have at least talk to me before I started crying for him. I thought he was hurt but he played a game on me. I should stop making a fool out of myself.

"Red hair, your family is probably waiting for you outside. Everyone else left." Moerat said and I faked a smile turning to him.

I walked out of the bank and my family were waiting for me, outside. I love them a lot but I wish they were not here, today because I just want to go home.

"Annette, you scared us." My mother hugged. "Why didn't you call me for help rather than these useless police."

"Anna, that's enough my love." My dad gave me a kiss. "We were worried about you, Annette." He wiped my tears. "Don't cry, princess."

"Please dad, why are you lying to Annette. We were beyond worried." Meghan jumped in. "Dad, you should tell her how mother and Aunt Sofia beat the police officers. Annette, you know I would save you sister but we had to babysit Oliver after he found out. I told Emily to hide this from him after all he has a heart condition but she turned out to be stupid." My sister kept talking on and on but I couldn't listen to her anymore. All I could think about is Elijah. He played a prank on me. What if he knows I have been in love with him for more than eleven years and he is playing with my feelings.

"Anne." Meghan pulled my ear. "I just said I love you and you staring at me."

"You know I love you more Meg, but I am not in a good mood today." I said and she rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry." I faked a smile.

"Annette." Aunt Sofia said, walking to us. "I'm glad you and Elijah are both fine. I was so worried." She tried to hug me but I moved back.

"Aunt, I'm sorry, but I'm not in a good mood." I mumbled.

"Annette, did something happen between you and Sofia?" My mother asked and I shook my head. "Then why did you call her, Aunt when you said She's a mother to you."

"It's fine Anna." Aunt Sofia, smiled. "It's her life and Annette is growing up, Anna. I don't mind her calling me Aunt, as long as she's happy."

"Mother I--I can't do this. I'm tired, please forgive me." I ran away and got in the car. I could hear both my mothers shout my name.