Chapter 73.

Elijah's POV.

"Congratulation." Kai entered my office. "Cheater."

"I didn't, you just jealous." I replied. "I am happy one of us got the deal thought."

"Me too." Kai said. "I am genuinely happy they gave you the project and not me. I am sure you worked hard for it. So should we go celebrate?"

"We have the function tomorrow so we can celebrate it after the function."

"Cool then, see you tomorrow." He left my office.

I opened my drawer and found Annette's necklace inside, I wonder who took her ring. I know it would've been nice if we buried her with the ring but they usually always give the deceased's belongings, I don't know why they didn't give back the ring. Maybe Aunt Anna took it!

---

Kathleen.

It's been a whole year since I disappeared. Elijah was going crazy and I didn't want him to kill me so I had to go into hiding. But Today, I have the perfect plan and before the end of next week, Elijah will be history. He will join his dead lover very soon.

"Hey, did you find out his plans for the weekend?" I asked Oliver's girlfriend, Melissa, my step-sister. We both claim to be Benjamin's daughters and we are the only two ousted from the family, the only two illegitimate children so we have to have each other's backs.

"Yes." She answered.

"The usual? Or there's something else he will do this weekend?" I have been gone for a year but that doesn't mean I haven't been stalking Elijah's every move.

"They will be having a family reunion so I think everyone will be there and the place will have tight security since those rich men are going to be there." 

"Please don't tell me, Jay will be there." 

"All of them will be there unless they cancel at the last minute." She replied. That stupid Jay will make things harder because even if the place is under tight security, he will still bring more guards with him especially if his daughter and wife are with him. I don't know how I will get rid of Elijah at that party.

"Are you invited?" I asked.

"Nope. Oliver just said it's a family type of thing and since Annette passed away, they didn't have any family activities, so he doesn't want me meeting the family tomorrow."

"Wait, tomorrow is the day?" I questioned and she nod her head. "I have to get everything ready, we can't let an opportunity like this slip from our hands. The children are a year old and if we take any longer to get rid of Elijah, we will never be able to kill the entire family."

"Sister when you talk like that it scares me. So just focus on Elijah, we will get rid of the rest after him."

"That's the plan. Melissa, even if I die, make sure you kill them and make dad proud." She smiled.

"Yes, of course." She gave me a hug. "Forever one!"

"Forever one!" I smiled. "By the way, I bumped into Kai, yesterday, I hope he didn't tell Elijah anything."

"Kai and Elijah spend the night together, he probably told him he saw you."

"But you know Elijah, he is so forced on the kids, there is no way he will see it coming." I smiled. "I just need a way to distract him and knock him out."

Her phone started ringing so she showed me the caller.

"Put it on loudspeaker." I said and she did.