Chapter 56.

Annette's POV.

I left my grandpa's office and Adam who works for him grabbed me and took me to a room. I know he said he has some information for me but I didn't know he was going to act as if he is on a mission. 

"Annette, why did you take so long to come and see me?" He questioned.

"Eli found me and he didn't want me to contact anyone nor leave the house. So I haven't been outside. I just went to the hospital for a checkup and that's it. But now I'm back." 

"I don't want to cross any lines here but don't you think you obey Eli a little too much." He said and I looked at him confused. "Stop looking at me like that. I know you Elijah's puppet."

"Don't start with me Adam. Just tell me why you wanted to see me." I replied and he smiled.

"I just wanted to say hi to my future boss." 

"Adam!" I snapped and he giggled.

"Annette, you are pregnant, not stupid." He rolled his eyes. "I called you here because I found Kathleen." 

"What?" A tear dropped from my eyes. I can't believe we found her. My baby is safe. I need to eliminate Kathleen before she strikes. I am sure she heard about me being pregnant.

"You heard me right boss. Kathleen is still here, she didn't leave the city and the funny thing is she works as a receptionist."

"What's funny about being a receptionist?" I asked.

"She was Elijah's mistress and now she downgraded. She could've upgraded from Elijah and date Benjamin Carson himself." 

"Adam, if you ever say that again I'll forget we friends." 

- - -  --  -

Elijah's POV.

"I found Kathleen." Adrian said.

"That's good. I'll keep an eye on her now. Just send me all the details." I replied and he shook his head.

"Not so fast, Elijah Carson." He said. "Someone else is keeping an eye on her and you won't like who it is." 

"Adrian please tell me it's not Annette."

"Congratulations, you guessed right." He said, annoyed. "Listen, cousin, I didn't see Annette herself but I met a spy. And we all know who he works for."

"Maybe it's Annette's grandpa who just wants to keep an eye on Kathleen." I know Annette can never stay out of trouble. Why can't she just trust me for once? I mean I would never let anything happen to her or my baby.

"Maybe it's the heiress herself. You know Annette is their future boss. I am sure they take orders from her now."

"How can she be the heiress? You are crazy! Meghan can take over but never my Annette. I am not going to let her put herself in danger. Never!"

"Bro, you couldn't even stop her from searching for Kathleen how are you going to tell her to leave her family business and disobey her grandpa. Her grandpa needs someone to take over, the man is fucking old. He is older than grandpa and you expect him to wait for Meghan and Meghan's future kids to carry his legacy. You fucked up, bro!"

"You telling me that old thing is expecting a Carson baby to carry his legacy?" I giggled. "He won't get Annette to work for him nor my baby girl. He can go adopt or maybe marry someone and have a kid because I won't allow my Annette or my daughter to work for him. That's never happening."

"You having a daughter?" He said excitedly. "I thought it was a boy."

"Well, I am having a baby girl and I am happy with it."