Chapter 58.

Annette's POV.

Elijah kept watching tv the whole day. He promised we would talk about giving me a chance to prove that I am capable of looking after myself but now he is ignoring me. He really knows how to trick me but I won't let it go so easily.

"Eli." I stood in front of him. 

"Hmm." He looked at me.

"I am hungry and your daughter is also hungry so please make some food for us."

"Annette there's so much food in the kitchen go eat it. You can even warm it up if you think it's cold." He replied. 

"Elijah, won't you talk about the promise you made?" I asked.

"What promise?" 

"Wow." I clapped my hands. "You said you would think of something that works for everyone and now you watching tv and ignoring me."

"I am not ignoring you, Annette. You said you need space so I am trying to act like I am not here. You also said you are capable of taking care of yourself so warm up some food if you are hungry and just pretend I am not here."

"Does that mean I can leave alone tomorrow and see my grandpa." I smiled and he nods his head sadly. "I love you." I kissed him. "I love you so so much."

"You really hate me so much." Elijah rolled his eyes.

"No, I don't." I giggled. "I really love you a lot, Elijah.  I love you so much, trust me no one has ever loved anyone as much as I love you."

"Then why are you so eager to leave me alone and go away." He pulled me to his lap and I sat on his lap. "I love you a lot so don't ask me to give you space."

"I just want to go out alone tomorrow and after that, you can start following me around." I smiled. "You look so handsome when you are annoyed."

"Then marry me please." He said and I got up.

"What?" I asked.

"I'll marry you." He said and I shook my head confused. "What? You are saying no?"

"No." I slapped my forehead. "Of course I will marry you but did you ask me to marry you?" 

"Yes." He went on his knees. "I know I didn't ask you to marry me like the way you dreamed about but trust me my father proposed to my mom while she was high."

"Well, I am pregnant so I can't be high like your mom." I smiled.

"True." He said. "Annette Carson--I mean Annette Hendricks, I know you are very beautiful, feisty, and annoying and you deserve someone better than me." He paused and smiled at me. "I called you my sister for twenty years plus and you have been my best friend from day one. You saved me more times than I can remember whether it was at school, home, or anywhere else. You always took the blame for me and I never knew you used to be so in love with me otherwise I wouldn't have asked you for advice about other girls. Anne, I don't know when exactly I fell in love with you but I do know I am more in love with you with every second that passes. I can't leave you alone. I can't even think of leaving you alone. I just always want to spend the reminding days of my life with you. I always want to be yours and I want you to be mine forever. You are my mistake. My beautiful mistake. My tempting mistake and the only mistake I will never regret. You have my heart and you will always have my heart. Annette Hendricks will you please marry me and make me the happiest man alive."

"Si." I nod, tears of joy running down my cheeks. "I love you." I mumbled as he put the ring on my finger.

"I love you more." He kissed me. "Now tell me why did you say Si?"