Chapter 35.

Annette's POV.

"What is going on?" Adrian came outside and Elijah just got in his car. "Cousin." He tried to stop him but Elijah just drove away. "He was so happy inside, so what happened here?"

"Nothing." I wiped my tears. "He just remembered something important."

"Annette, I know you and I know you are lying so tell me what happened here."

"Well, I knew about his parents wanting him to marry Kim and he just got angry." I said.

"What?" Emily and the others interrupted us.

"What a stupid way to ruin our night." Adrian's sister said. "No offense Annette, but whenever you and Elijah have a fight, our nights are ruined."

"Evelina now isn't the time." Adrian snapped. "Where did Elijah say he was going. I am worried about him."

"I don't know."

"Well, he is going on a business trip." Emily said.

"Let me take you home Annette." Oliver smiled.

"First tell me what Emily is talking about? Why is he going on a business trip now?" I am so confused. Everything is just happening so fast. I didn't even know he was going on a business trip after his parent's party.

"No one is telling her anything." Adrian's sister snapped. "Elijah is our cousin and it's not our place to meddle in their relationships. They are adults, let them solve their own problems." She pulled Oliver and Emily. "It's your parent's anniversary and they need you so go back inside and enjoy the party with them." She turned to Adrian. "And you brother, you supposed to stay inside with Uncle and Aunt, what kind of a bodyguard for the night are you?"

"Eve, now isn't the time to be yourself. Please be nice, just for tonight." Adrian said and she nod her head.

"Now please go back inside and let me take care of Annette, after all, I am the only one that isn't needed inside." She told them and they all went back inside. "So tell me, Annette, what happened? Is this your first breakup as a couple and is it because of Kim?"

"Evelina, I really don't have the energy to talk about this. I am worried about Elijah." I don't know how she is so calm when her cousin just left his parent's anniversary party so angry.

She took her phone out and dialed someone's number. She rolled her eyes and started checking something on her phone.

"Elijah's phone is off but trust me, he is off to Italy. He will be back soon."

"Why is he leaving tonight?"

"Well, he wanted to ask you to come with him. He said he wanted to apologize for most of the dates he never showed up so he was thinking of taking you to Italy even though he has to go there for business."

"Really?" I knew he was planning a surprise for me but I didn't know he was taking me to Italy.

"There is also one more reason he is going there." She turned around. "But I won't tell you."

"Evelina." I stood in front of her. "Please."

"Are you and Elijah serious?" She asked and I looked down. "If you are then you don't need to be worried. Goodnight." She went inside.

I hope whatever she is talking about won't affect my relationship with Elijah. It's my fault he is angry right now. I wish I didn't keep anything from him. I already miss him.

Someone started clapping and I wiped my tears away.

"Sister." Meghan shook her head. "Sisters are for life, right?" She giggled. "Meghan, why would I need a best friend when I have you, right?" She started recalling everything I said. "No secrets right? You would never hide anything from me, right?" She clapped. "You said you would tell me everything, yet I found out last." I can't believe I made everyone sad.