Chapter 53.

Annette's POV.

The next morning, I woke up to the entire Carson family sitting in the living room. I knew they would come here but I didn't expect them to be this early. 

"Annette." Elijah commented and everyone looked at me. "Why are you up so early?"

"Hi everyone." I ignored Elijah and greeted everyone in the room. "Please let me know if you need anything." This is so awkward. Oliver is looking at me with so much hate. Adrian is ready to pull his gun out and Emily is not even looking at me.

"We don't need anything." Uncle Benjamin replied and Aunt Sofia nod her head.

"Annette, we actually brought food." Aunt Sofia said.

"Thank you." I mumbled and Adrian rolled his eyes.

"Annette I added poison in the food." Adrian said and Elijah hit him on the head.

"He is joking." Elijah stated and I smiled. "Why don't you eat while I talk to them."

"I'm actually not hungry right now so I will eat the food later." I quickly sat down on the floor. "How are you all doing? I missed you all." 

"I will be in the guest room if anyone needs me." Oliver got up.

"Wait for me." Adrian went with him. 

"They probably going to play video games." Elijah made an excuse for them. 

"Annette, how have you been?" Aunt Sofia asked. 

"Good. I missed you, Aunt." I replied and she smiled.

"I know you didn't want to see us or tell us about the baby because you were scared but you don't need to be scared anymore. We tried hating you for the past couple of months but we couldn't."

"Don't sugarcoat it Sofia." Uncle Benjamin said. "Annette, we really hate you and what you did. You just proved to us that you just like your grandfather but you are pregnant with a Carson that is why we are willing to forget the past." 

"Thank you." I wasn't expecting Uncle Benjamin to be this nice. I always knew he liked me as a daughter even though he used to say otherwise.

"How is the baby?" Emily mumbled after Elijah whispered something in her ear.

"The baby is fine. I actually have a doctor's appointment today so I will let you know if something changes." I said so she nod her head. "I will go check up on Oliver and Adrian, real quick." I left the living room in a hurry. I can get through to Adrian but Oliver will be a challenge.

"Can I talk to you Adrian?" I knock on the door and they both looked at me angry. 

"I will be right back." Oliver left the room.  

"Annette I don't like you." He took his gun out. "The only reason I can't kill you is because of you baby so please leave me alone."

"Adrian we used to be close friends. You even came here today because you know I am not a bad person. I care about Elijah, I would've never killed him. I love him and you know that." 

"I regret having you as a friend. I should've known you not your father's child you are your mother's child. Your mom kills people and you took after her." He replied. "I used to consider you a best friend, a sister who loved and cared about my family especially my cousin." 

"If you don't care about me then why are you here?" I asked.

"I came here to kill you." He waved his gun in front of me. "I came prepared just like you went to Elijah's hotel room prepared but then I found out you are pregnant."