Chapter 44.

Annette's POV.

Adam entered the room and my heart started beating faster the second I saw my grandpa behind him. 

"I just knew you would be back." My grandpa shook his head. "Every Carson always makes the same mistake." 

"Grandpa--." I tried to speak but he cut me off.

"I didn't even notice that my little granddaughter is here." He smirked. "You on a mission to destroy your own family and help one of my enemies."

"Come on Henry. Your granddaughter really loves you, she would never give you up for us even though we are better." Eli replied. "Henry, how old are you for the system to shut down?" Why the fuck do Carsons always pick up fights. 

"There is one thing I do not understand." Grandpa looked at me. "When the system shuts down, every place locks down except this room but that didn't happen today." Oh no, Adam and I are both dead.

"What do you mean?" Of course, Elijah has to ask that now. He always adds fire to the fuel.

"This place was supposed to explore." He giggled. "But it didn't." He continued. "And the reason can only be, that my granddaughter either changed everything here with the help of Adam or the Carsons hacked into my system." He added. "But I know the only smart Carson to be able to do that is Oliver, the rest of the family is stupid so tell me, Annette, what happened to the system."

"Grandpa ---." He raised his hand. Oh god, please do not let him question Adam.

"I forgot the fact you do not know much of the new system." He smiled. "Adam Antonov, why don't you please explain to me why Mr. Carson is not dead. I already know the whole place is shielded." 

"Grandpa, Adam knows nothing--."

"Annette!" He shouted and Elijah started laughing.

"This is the first time I ever heard you shout. I never thought you could be loud -  you do not look loud grandfather-in-law." Elijah commented. "You look like a real Kingston now. Just like your daughter, Aunt Anna." Elijah smiled. "Now please stop complaining about me being alive because I know you do not want me dead."

"Adam, tell your cousin to come here tonight. I think Elijah needs to meet him." Grandpa is up to something when he smiles like this. I can't let Adam's family come here.

"Listen, grandpa, I will call mom and tell her I am being held captive. You know mom is very angry lately so if she comes here she will bring dad and you know you do not want to meet your son-in-law." My grandpa hates my father coming here because he always refuses to leave this place and plus he calls my grandpa, papa which he hates so he will have to agree to let us go.

"I will kill Elijah if you call your mother." Grandpa threatened me.

"I am not scared of death." Elijah replied. "I always take risks in life because I want to die happy and I do not want regrets so kill me, I do not care." 

"Sir, please let them go. We have more important things to worry about than Mr. Carson." Adam begged and my grandpa nods his head. "Leave Mr. Carson and bye Anne--Ma'am."  

"Bye Adam." I smiled and grabbed Elijah's hand. I am never ever going to bring him here again. He is too crazy and the fact he doesn't care if he dies kills me. How can I live without him? I love him a lot. 

"Your grandpa is not a good person." Elijah said, opening his car door. "What's wrong with you? Why don't you want to get inside the car?" He smiled, walking to me. "You could've just asked for me to open the door for you, rather than standing outside angry."