Chapter 7

Annette POV.

Elijah took me to his office and called his PA. He asked her about everything that happened yesterday and of course, just like his father, he looked at me as if I am to be blamed.

"Annette, please apologise." Elijah said and I giggled.

"I was also in that video, so if anyone has to apologize, it's her." I crossed my hands across my chest.

"Anne." He got up, angry. "Apologize, please."

"No." I snapped, getting up. "I don't like her and I'll never apologize for something I didn't do."

"It's fine sir, I'll leave." Kathleen said and Elijah shook his head. He is really crazy if he thinks I'll apologize for something I didn't do. I don't even know why he is taking her side. He always used to take my side no matter who it is but I guess, it's time for change.

"Red, please apologise." He looked at me with a fake smile.

"You can beg me all you want, I'm not changing my mind." Maybe, I was right about Kathleen. Elijah and her probably have something going on and I'll find out soon. I don't want to be the other women in his life.

"Annette." He grabbed my hand. "Apologize so we can all move on, please sister." He whispered.

"I only apologize when I do something wrong so don't waste you time." I replied. "Please leave me Eli." He let me go. "I'll leave you, love birds alone. I have to go to the bank." I took my purse from the table.

"I also want something from the bank." Elijah said.

"Ask your innocent Kathleen to accompany you. I am going there, alone." I left Elijah's office.

I couldn't stop thinking about Elijah. Why the hell is he turning against me, all of a sudden. Is he really in love with her that he even stopped treating me like his sister?

I called my mother as I entered the bank.

"Hey mom, hope you good. Is Meghan there?" I asked.

"She left this morning because her classes started. Is something wrong?" My mother questioned. I wish I could tell her, that Meghan started her nonsense again but I can't. Meghan will throw tantrums.

"Mother, there is nothing wrong. I just miss my family, that's why I called." I took some pages from the ma'am. "It's for a new bank account." I told the women and she gave me a pen.

"I know something is bothering you." Mother said.

"I have to go mom, bye." I hang up. "Should I fill in everything ma'am?" I counted the pages.

"Yes ma'am." She left me alone, to fill in the forms.

I started filling in the forms and my phone started ringing but I didn't answer. I know Elijah just wants to shout at me for refusing to apologise. I rejected all his calls so he started sending me messages.

"Ma'am, can I get another form please?" I asked the women and my phone started ringing again. "New number." I rolled my answer and answered the phone. "Who is this?"

"So you are avoiding me." Elijah said.

"I was busy Eli, I am filling in some forms so please stop calling me. We will talk at home." I replied going upstairs.

"Anne, what is your problem with my PA?" He asked.

"Why would I have a problem with her, when she's so perfect. Eli, you know she's sweet, innocent and kind so please don't ask me that question again."