Chapter 95.

Elijah's POV.

"What's the idea?" Adrian asked.

"We will just have to ask Dad to tell whoever he paid half of the amount to not go ahead with assassinating Annette then we will pay the rest." I told him. 

"That will make things worse."

"What do you mean?"

"Elijah you can't just stop killing someone. If someone puts a bounty on your head, you either die or everyone who accepted that mission. So unless Annette dies or they--."

"Annette dying isn't an option." I told him.

"I know bro but neither is asking them to not kill her." Adrian said. "Eli, if your dad goes to whoever he gave the job to and asks them to tell their people not to assassinate Annette then she becomes a liability. All your father's enemies will go after her so this bounty on her head at least rules them out."

"I still think it's better to ask my father to tell them to not kill her." 

"Eli, you don't get it." He shook his head. "Annette is a Kingston, you are a Carson. You know your father is a Carson and he hates Annette's grandpa so there's no way you can just expect a Carson to take a bounty off her head. That will just create more problems because people will think your father and her grandpa are just putting on an act whenever they fight."

"I know but---."

"No buts Elijah. Your dad already limits his involvement in crimes and now asking him to go tell people to take the bounty off Annette is just crazy. They will think he became too weak so please don't ever think about doing that."

"Fine. Just leave my house and take this body with you." 

"Is he dead?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "If he is still alive I will ask him questions if he is dead, then I'll just get rid of his body."

"That's fine with me." I let him out and closed the door. 

I went upstairs to check on Annette and she was sleeping. I'll have to clean the house before she wakes up.

I went downstairs and started cleaning. I don't know how I will manage the twins, looking after Annette, while also making sure my dad's companies don't run to the ground. 

A couple of hours later, I woke Annette up. 

"It's supper time, you need to eat." I told her so she got up. She went to the bathroom to freshen up and I made my way to the dining room.

Annette joined me. 

"I miss your cooking." She said as she started eating. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Good." She smiled. "No bullet can ever kill me. I guess I am lucky." 

"Lucky people die a horrible death." I commented. 

"Wow. You still an asshole." She said and I laughed. 

"I may be an asshole and you may have broken my heart Annette but I can't see you hurt. Just shows which one of us is heartless." I told her.

"I know." She gave me a weak smile. "Maybe one day you'll forgive me and understand I didn't have a choice."

"You really didn't know your grandpa would fake your death?" I asked.

"I knew he would. I was supposed to never return after I shot you by accident. I couldn't face you Elijah but like we met by accident and you found out I was pregnant. I was always in love with you so you telling me you love me made me forget about my grandpa's deal. I was ready to break that deal for our family. I was ready to break the promise I made and stay with you and the babies but I didn't have time to go see my grandpa to tell him. I was pregnant, with twins Elijah. And you asked me to marry you and that was the last push I needed to ask Grandpa if I could just stay with you and let Megan take my place but everything happened so fast. After you asked me to marry you, that same night I went into labor. Eli, there was no way I could've planned to fake my death if I didn't know I would go into labor that night."