Chapter 34.

Annette's POV.

The whole day I couldn't stop thinking about Elijah's marriage. I know he doesn't know anything and his parents will tell him tonight at the anniversary but I am scared. 

What will happen to Elijah and I if he accepts the proposal?

"You look beautiful." He put the necklace around my neck. "You should've let me do your makeup."

"You don't even know how to do hair so tell me how will you do makeup?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Your makeup looks ugly, trust me if I did it than you would've looked so much better." Elijah replied.

"I'll let you do my makeup one day." I hugged him. "I love you."

"I know Annette but why do you keep repeating it every few minutes?" He asked.

"I just want you to know before we leave." I wish I could tell him that his parents want to marry him off but I can't. It's not my place to tell him and I want to enjoy these couple of minutes before he finds out about his future wife.

The whole car ride was fine. Elijah wouldn't stop talking about how amazing the place looks and how he decorated it.

"You sure you good?" He asked and I nod my head. We went inside and Adrian and the other kids were already here. 

"You look beautiful Annette, where is Meghan?" Elijah's sister asked.

"She's on her way. She said she will be here before everything starts." I replied.

"Well, Oliver and I are welcoming guests." Emily smiled. "So you guys go enjoy yourself." I am so happy Elijah won't be the one welcoming the guests today. 

"You heard what Emily said." Elijah whispered. "Come on let's go." I followed him to one of the rooms.

"Eli, I am not ruining my dress or makeup." I told him.

"I won't ruin anything." He kissed me and his phone started ringing. "Argh, grandpa." He quickly answered the call. "Yes, grandpa." He said. "Is it really urgent because I am so busy right now." He rolled his eyes. "I'll be there in a minute." He disconnected the call and kissed me on the cheek. "My grandpa wants to talk to me about something important. We will finish this later."

"There's nothing to finish Eli." I rolled my eyes and he left the room in a hurry. I wonder what is so important that his grandpa wants to talk to him.

I went downstairs and most of the people were already here. 

"Sorry." I apologized the second I bumped into a girl. "Are you Mr. Archie's daughter?" I have seen her pictures in magazines and I even googled her ever since I found out my boyfriend will marry her.

"Yes." She stretched her hand. "Kimberlyn but that's a fake name so just call me Kim." I shook her hand.

"Annette, my real name." I said.

"You beautiful, are you a super model or something because I know everyone here is quite rich and you look like a model so." She smiled.

"No." I answered. "My father works for the Carsons and well my mother is Anna Kingston, Henry Kingston's only daughter."

"Your grandpa is famous and rich so is that why you were invited." She is really busy. I see why Uncle Ben thinks she is a good match for Elijah. 

"Something like that." I said. "And you?"

"Well, my engagement might be getting announced today." She smiled. "But I am praying that it doesn't."

"Might?" I smiled.