Chapter 31.

Elijah's POV.

I couldn't stop thinking about Annette the whole day. I didn't know she loved me so much but ever since she told me, everything started making sense. She used to panic whenever something happened to me but I just thought it was because she considered me a brother.

I am in deep shit. How will I choose between my fun love and Annette?

I regret the family trip but at least something good came from it. I got a lovely girlfriend and if it wasn't for my father I would've never even figured I like Annette. I am glad she came with us to the family trip but I wish I didn't have to sacrifice my fun.

My business phone rang and I answered it.

"Why are you calling through here?" I asked, Adrian.

"Well all your girls are calling me up and they asking for your fucking number."

"I hope your girlfriend catches you talking to them." I giggled.

"Eli, this is not funny. What the fuck is happening with your personal number? Susan said a bitch answered your phone."

"Is she calling my mother a bitch?" 

"Well, is your mother your girlfriend?"

"No, but she is the only one that is allowed to answer my phone." I said.

"Elijah, just call Susan and the others, or else I will give them your business phone number." He disconnected the call.

"I forgot my fucking phone in Annette's room." I slapped my forehead. She is answering my calls, she will get me in trouble. I know if Susan was here Annette would beat her up. Annette is overdoing her duty as a girlfriend. If she starts suspecting I am not loyal, she will kill me before my time.

I switched the stove off. I will only eat these eggs after I get my phone from her. I just pray she doesn't block everyone on my contact list.

I got in my car and started driving to her house. That girl is definitely talented in every single way. How did she even figure out my password?

I knocked on her house and she answered.

"You back." She smiled giving me my phone. "Susan called and I told her to announced our relationship to the world, after all, she is a journalist and it's her job to find out----."

"Annette." I stopped her. "You can tell me about Susan later, tell me where you are going right now? Why does it look like I just came here in time to see you out."

"Because you did." She smiled. "Mommy, I am leaving, see you later." She shouted before closing the door. "Susan wants to meet me so can I get a ride?"

"Are you guys fighting?" She shook her head. "Then, why are you meeting?" She got in the passenger seat.

"Interview." 

"I thought you were working for Mr Brown." I started driving.

"I was just helping him out." She said. "And plus, this interview isn't a job interview. She wants evidence and she wants to ask me some questions about our relationship." I know she is lying. The journalist Susan I know would never agree to cover a story about my girlfriend. She likes me so why would she help Annette make our relationship public.

"That's amazing." I said, what she wanted to hear. If I start calling out she is going to say I am still not ready to be loyal. She is burning up over a silly thing right now. I am glad to have a girlfriend that can control her anger.

"You passed your house."

"The interview is at my house?"

"Yes." She answered. I have to do something to stop Susan from coming here. Dad will kill me if they create a scene in my house.