Chapter 65.

Elijah's POV.

I walked down the street, kicking everything in my way. I just want this pain to stop. Why does God hate me so much. 

A car stopped in front of me. 

"I am not going with you." I shouted, walking to the other side. I want to be alone, I don't want to talk to anyone, especially strangers. 

"Elijah, don't be stubborn." He said coming out of the car. 

"Uncle?" I mumbled. "Uncle, my life is ruined. Annette, she--she's gone. Do you know that my family didn't even help her. Please take me with you."

"Elijah, calm down and get in the car." Uncle Aiden said so I got in the car.

"Please don't leave me in America, I hate this place. I want to go to Italy, I will forget about them. I want nothing to do with them. I hate New York, I hate everyone here."

"I know you hurting but stop blaming your family for her death. She died of cardiac arrest. She wasn't murdered by anyone." He said. "Elijah, my boy, please believe me when I say, if we could save someone from death then your family would've given up everything to see you happy. They would've saved Annette but death is inevitable." He gave me a weak smile. "I know how you are feeling, I lost my mother at a young age. Elijah the only difference between us is, I had no one other than Arlo to help me, you have your entire family. They love you a lot."

"I don't want them!" 

"You are hurting because the love of your life is no more. Your family will fall apart if you don't pull yourself together. You know Annette's grandpa hates your father, they might even kill each other because of Annette so go back home and make sure no one gets hurt." Uncle said and the fortune-teller's words started playing in my head.

-Flashback-

"Tell me who is the most short-tempered Carson?"

"Seriously Eli." My uncle said.

"Your brother and son. Now, what else do you want to know before I start."

"First of all I don't have a son and secondly my baby brother is not that bad." I said. "Tell me, will my brother die before me."

"I can't answer that question but I can tell you that you will be the one to destroy your family along with your fiancée."

"I'm not engaged." I shouted and she closed her eyes. She's telling me she's a psychic but to me, she looks like a psychopath.

"Your brother will turn against you. You will wish your children were never born. The person you think loves you will turn out to be your biggest enemy. You will be the reason both your mother's marriages might not work. You won't be the Carson's and Kingston's glue, you will be the destroyer of both families."

--- End of flashback - 

"That witch, she's the one that cursed me!" I shouted.

"Elijah, what are you talking about?" Uncle asked.

"Uncle, she said Annette and I would destroy my family." I told him. "She knew Annette's death would break the family. But I don't understand how she knew."

"Elijah are you talking about the fortune-teller, just forget about her. Don't think about her, think about the twins." 

"No." I shook my head. "What if she took Annette? Uncle, please take me to her."

"Stop it!" He snapped. "Elijah, Annette is dead, and if you keep coming up with crazy stories of where she could be then you will always be in pain. Just let Annette go, how do you even expect her to rest in peace when you keep going crazy. Your parents are sad, they are also mourning because Annette was like a daughter to them. Your little brother, Oliver has a heart problem and Annette was a sister to him, didn't you for once think that maybe he's having problems? Did you even check up on him? What about Emily, your little sister is probably trying to look after your children. She is hurting but she hides that because she knows blaming people won't bring Annette back. Listen, you are just twenty-three years old, you lost someone very close to you and right now you might think nothing is going right in your life but trust me, with time, you will feel better. Elijah nothing lasts forever."