Chapter 23.

Annette's POV.

"No, we not married." Elijah and I both said the same time.

"I am so sorry. I just thought you two were married because you, Mr. Carson wan---."

"Blah blah." Elijah interrupted. "Thank you for checking up on my sister." Elijah said and the doctor left us alone. "Listen, Anne, take the car. I will call the driver to come pick me up later. I need to take care of some patients."

"You not a doctor." He really thinks he can fool me so easily.

"I mean I have to wait for Adrian's results. He has been suffering from a severe dangerous Melio headache. Which is a new disease that is trending, I mean spreading so go home."

"There is a disease called Melio?" I questioned and he nods his head, acting sad.

"Unfortunately only some unlucky curse people suffer from it." He looked at the floor. "Now go home."

"Is there a cure?" I asked and he nods his head. "I hope he recovers soon." I hugged Elijah before leaving the doctor's room. This idiot thinks he is smarter than me. I will wait with him until I find out what he is hiding from me. I know Elijah and Adrian only use each other when they hiding something.

I followed Elijah and he entered the doctor's office.

"How many more hours should I wait doctor?" He asked the doctor.

"Mr. Carson, we are trying our best to get the results as soon as possible. So please wait for a couple more hours than you will know for sure if Susan is pregnant or not." My heart skipped a beat the second I heard her name. Susan is that journalist. How could she be pregnant? I hope Elijah is not the father. Tears started rolling down my face. I am not jealous. I can't be jealous of her. If she is pregnant than Elijah and I are over. I know we were not a couple and everything was fake but I thought he cared about me. Maybe just a little but I guess I was wrong. How could he hide this from me? I thought I was his best friend, his stupid so call sister but that was all just fake. He just used me. He used me for everything. I wish I never covered up for him.

"How many hours is a couple of hours? One or two?" Elijah asked and I snapped out of my thoughts. I am a big girl, my parents didn't raise a loser that cries over stupid boys. He is not worth it no matter how much I love him. It's time I moved on with my life.

"Mr. Carson, it can take up to three to four hours. I am not sure because usually a patient waits for a couple of days but you forcing us to change everything for you."

"I am donating millions to this hospital, the least you can do for me is give me my pregnancy results please." Elijah replied.

"They will be ready soon Mr. Carson." The doctor said. "By the way Mr. Carson, you said she is around one month if she is pregnant, right?" He asked.

"A month and a couple of days I think." Elijah said and the doctor nods his head.

Wow, he really played me big time. I am so stupid. I was doing everything I can to make sure Kathleen doesn't harm him and he was busy sleeping with girls including myself. I slept with him a month ago and instead of talking about our relationship, he ran away and slept with other girls. I don't even care if Kathleen kills him as long as she leaves the rest of the family.

I wiped my tears and went to get a coffee. I will stay right here until I find out the results of that pregnancy test. I wonder why Susan is not with him right.

A couple of hours later I went back to eavesdrop on Elijah's and the doctor's conversation. I know Elijah will never tell me if Susan is pregnant or not so I have to find it out myself.

"Doctor, I understand nothing." Elijah kept shaking his head. "Is negative actually negative?"

"Yes, Mr Carson." The doctor replied. "Susan isn't pregnant. I am so sorry." My heart jumped in joy. I know I still hate Elijah for playing me but I am so glad she is not pregnant. That woman would've made him suffer.

"No, it's fine, doctor." Elijah kept looking at the paper. "I actually don't know if this is what I wanted." Elijah took a seat. "I have known her for years doctor but I don't love her, yet I can never be happy without." He continued. "When she is happy, I am happy. She is very short-tempered, smart, crazy, stubborn, and stupid, very stupid doctor but that's what I like most about her."

"Mr. Carson, are you okay?" The doctor asked and he giggled.

"I don't know anymore. Ever since that night, I haven't been the same. I tried to go back to the way I used to be but it doesn't work. And then last night happened." He got up. "Doctor when she was talking to me last night, she was different. She became a different Susan. She told me how she would die if I left her and that she would die a billion times for me but that didn't surprise me. What surprised me is the fact I almost died inside the second she tried to jump out of the window. I realized I can't live without her."

"That is BSE."

"I knew it. Doctor some people told me it's love but I keep telling them it is not love. So I am sure it's BSE so tell me, doctor, what is BSE?" Elijah asked and the doctor grabbed the page from him.

"I am not talking about your story I am talking about this." The doctor showed him something on the page.

"Yeah, I saw that. She probably loves eating it that's why she had so much in her system."

"No Mr. Carson, this is a drug." The doctor stated. I always knew Susan was crazy and high but I never thought she was addicted. "Mr. Carson, this is the new drug. It's still underprocessed but some doctors have given it to some patients to see if it works. It's very dangerous if a patient takes it without the supervision of a doctor but it looks like Susan knew what she was doing. She is very lucky because if she was pregnant her baby would've died and if she even just by a little, took a little more of this than she would've lost her mind."

"You mean she would've gone crazy?" Elijah asked and the doctor nod his head.

"This drug is new Mr. Carson and it's just for some patients so if Susan takes it for fun than she has a death wish." The doctor put the page down. "Come look here, Mr. Carson." He showed Elijah something on his computer. "These are some teenagers who stole the drug last month. We don't know how everything happened but I know some of them that took it died after a couple of hours and some are in mental asylums. The police are still investigating everything and the drug is being tested as we speak now."

"If the drug is not in the streets yet, then how do people get it?" Elijah questioned.

"Well, some doctors get bribed and sometimes people break in and steal it."

"Approximately how much is a small bag of that drug?"

"Mr. Carson, the drug is still not supposed to be used unless the doctor has no choice." He shook his head. "I would say someone could pay about 1.5 million to get it."

"Well, I want that drug. I will pay." Elijah is trying to kill himself, I won't let that him. I will have to try my best to change him. I will tell Uncle Benjamin if I have to.

"Mr. Carson, that can't happen." The doctor replied and I sighed relieved.

"Doctor, I want the drugs and I won't change my mind."

"Mr. Carson I can't help you. I am really so---." He grabbed the doctor's collar.

"Don't test my patience." He tried to hit the doctor and I shouted his name. The second Elijah turned around. I quickly hid away from him. Fuck, I hope he didn't hear me. I quickly ran away from the door.

I need to go home and act like I didn't hear a word. I will only tell people this when I am sure of it. I will make sure Elijah doesn't get depressed. I have to find a way to help him. Fuck with Kathleen, I don't care about her anymore. Why should I even care, when the only reason I wanted to get rid of her was Elijah. If he does then I am also dead.

* * *

A/N

I just finished writing another chapter and thought, why not publish it! I hope y'all enjoyed it. I love you guys.

                      *Don't forget to vote comment and share please*