Chapter 14.

I arrived at his office and the place was a mess. If he wants me to clean it up than he is so fucking crazy.

"What happened?" I asked and he turned to face me. "Eli, your hand." I tried to help me but instead, he pushed me away.

"You gave my presentation to him, why?" He questioned.

"What are you talking about?"

"Stop acting stupid and tell me why did you do it?" He snapped.

"I have no idea what you talking about." I don't know who made him so angry but I do know I feel sorry for that person.

"This is back-up for sleeping with you and leaving you." He giggled.

"Elijah how could you say that. Listen, I did nothing to you, I swear." I stated.

"You gave my uncle my presentation. Annette, you made me look like a fool." Eli shouted. "I can't believe you stoop so low."

"Eli, I told you a million times. I don't know what you talking about." I tried to walk away but he grabbed my hand. "You are hurting me."

"Tell me why did you embarrass me in front of everyone?" I could see the tears in his eyes but he doesn't know how much I'm hurting inside and out because of him. I don't even know why he is accusing me of all people.

"You asking that question, the wrong person. Eli, I know nothing."

"I understand you hate me for sleeping with you, I know you wanted revenge for everyone commenting bad things about you but you didn't have to steal my work and give it to Kai. Annette, even if you wanted him to get that deal, you didn't have to embarrass me in front of everyone, including my own father."

"It wasn't me Elijah, I swear."

"Just admit it." He shouted. "Or else, I might do something I'll regret later."

"Eli, my father is Hendricks but I am a Kingston heiress too. And you know Carsons bow down to us so don't you threaten me." I pushed him away. "I'm sorry, you didn't get the deal." I left his office in a hurry. I know he is broken that's why he thought of threatening me but I swear on his life, I never stole his presentation. Kai and I are friends but I would never betray Elijah for his Uncle. I love him and as much as Eli hurt me, I would never dream of harming him.

The whole night, I kept driving in circles and at the end, I ended up in a club.

I have been through a lot in the last couple of days. I need to relax and forget everything.

I started drinking and all of a sudden someone stopped me from having my fourth drink.

"Can I get you something else?" The man asked and I shook my head. "Drinking a lot this time of the night, isn't safe."

"Not like anyone cares." I mumbled and it hurt my feelings. I know its the truth but I wish I never said it.

"That can't be true."

"It is." I started drinking again.

"You are beautiful and yet you crying over some stupid boy." He said and I giggled.

"He is not stupid." A tear dropped from my eye. "He is short-tempered but no one knows that because he never loses his temper around anyone, except me. I'm the only one that he doesn't like but I'll be fine."

"Don't cry." He wiped my tears. "I'll buy you your next drink if---."

"She's going home." Elijah interrupted him. "Didn't you hear what I said?"

"Did you drive in your condition." Anyone with eyes can see Elijah is drank.

"I should've known you were here with your boyfriend." He shook his head. "Enjoy the rest of your night, together. Bye." He left and I quickly ran after him.