Chapter 27.

Annette's POV.

"Mommy, I told Elijah I love him and he accepted it." I jumped in joy. "He likes me mommy and he finally asked me to be his girlfriend." My wish came true and I couldn't stop smiling and laughing. "Mommy, why aren't you saying anything?" I asked and she smacked me.

"How many times must I tell you to stay away from the Carsons." She shouted.

"But mommy, you know I love him." I know she cares about them but she always said she would never allow me to date a Carson.

"Listen to me careful Annette Hendricks." She pointed her finger at me. "You chose to stay with them when your baby sister was waiting for you here so today you going to have to choose between the Carsons and your own family."

"Mom, why are you doing this to me. You know I love El--." She smacked me again.

"You know nothing about love." She snapped. "Annette, if you choose Elijah then you are no longer my daughter. You are dead to me." She walked away.

"Mom, what are you saying." I ran after her. "Mom, mom, talk to me." I kept shouting and crying.

All of a sudden someone threw water on my face and I jumped out of bed.

"Annette, it was just a bad dream." Elijah said and I hugged him. "Calm down, everything is fine." That dream felt so real but I know my mother would never do that to me. She loves me a lot and even if she doesn't prove my relationship she would never make me choose. God, why can't I just be happy?

"Don't leave me." I mumbled, crying.

"Should I get you sleeping tablets?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I don't want to sleep again. I'm scared." I heaven't had a bad dream in a long time. The last time I had one it was about Elijah and one of the girls I hated back in college.

"It was just a bad dream, Anne." His phone started ringing and he answered it. "Yes." He rolled. "I know dad." He continued. "Yeah, sorry. Goodnight." He disconnected the call. "See, dad said if we wake him up again he will throw us both out of the house."

"I'm sorry I woke you and your father up." I hugged myself. "Eli, I want to go home. My parents and worried."

"I already told them you with a friend." He said. "Now please let's go back to sleep." I nod my head. Maybe I am being punished for leaving my baby sister. I won't fall asleep next to Elijah. I need to go home as soon as the clock strikes six.

The next morning, I quickly left Elijah's house without telling him anything. If I make it at home before Meghan wakes up than I will be fine but if she catches me she will start plotting her revenge to get back at me.

I sneaked into my room and she was on my bed.

Please don't wake up, please don't wake up. I kept praying but the second I opened my bathroom door she got up.

"Welcome home." She said. "Did you sneak out of your boyfriend's house like this too?"

"Meghie." I walked closer to her. "I am so sorry." I took her hands and she pushed me away.

"Don't touch me." She snapped. "Annette, whenever your friends need you, whether it's night or day, you jump to help them. You always forget your sister. I don't want to be a selfish bitch but you are my sister. I am your only sibling so if you prefer to hang out with your other friends than I am cool with it."

"Don't talk nonsense." I sat next to her. "Who in this world would choose a stupid friend who can betray me anytime over their own little feisty kind-hearted sister." I hugged her. "I might have hated mommy for giving birth to you when I was a kid but that was only because I was jealous of not being the baby anymore."