Too Late (Sakata Gintoki and Hijikata Toshiro)

In Bushu, 20 years ago

"I.....Where am I?...." (Y/N) looked up, she was leaning against a tree as shelter from the harsh glaze of the sun. She was injured and tired after what she had just been through. After the war, and the death of Shoyo she went away with Tatsuma under Gintoki's orders, but unexpectedly their ship crashed and she was thrown into some unknown place.

'The last I remember I was peacefully sleeping on my bed not on the ground.' (Y/N) grumbles in her thoughts as she scowled.

"I just hope this is still Japan..." She sighs, she looked down in her hand and gripped her sword tightly, tears prickling her eyes as she looked up at the bright blue sky.

"Don't tell me I'm gonna die from something as lousy as this, " (Y/N) had an ironic smile on her lips as she clutched her wound on her stomach feeling her blood gush out.

"Gintoki...." She grasped the white head tie she had in her hand which was Gintoki's, that he gave her before she left with Tatsuma. "I.....I miss you." And with that her vision blackened out.

"Oi...What the hell? Is that a person?!" A young Hijikata yells horrified at the sight of the bloody woman who was leaning against the tree. "Damn it!" Hijikata clicks his tongue as he carried the woman to Kondo's dojo in a hurry.

"Mhm...." (Y/N) groans as she sits up, rubbing her eyes awake she sees 2 men, and one young boy in front of her with curious eyes.

"Who are you?..." She asked as she furrows her eyebrows at the sight of them, "I'm Isao Kondo, Toshi found you passed out so he brought you here. This is my dojo!" Kondo says happily.

"Toshi?" She seemed to arch an eyebrow at the unfamiliar name. "I'm Hijikata Toshirou, I found you unconscious and wounded." Hijikata introduced himself, raising his hand politely.

"How could you believe that Kondo-san? What if he kidnapped her?" The young sandy brown haired boy asks skeptically glaring at Hijikata.

"Ahh, This is Okita Sougo. He's training in my dojo! May we ask for your name, miss?" Kondo asks as she looked down and saw that she was properly bandaged up, but her eyes seemed to wonder as if she was searching for something.

"Looking for this?" Hijikata asks as he raises up the sword and the white head tie. "Thank you," She says as she grabs them and held on to it tightly with tears welling in her eyes.

"I apologize for the trouble. My name is (Y/N)." She says as she smiles lowly at Kondo, Hijikata and Okita.

"If it's not too much to ask, Where are you from and why were you wounded? We've never seen a woman like you here in Bushu." Kondo says as she gasped at his words.

"Bushu? I'm in Bushu? So that means I'm still in Japan..." She sighed in relief. "I...I'm not sure." She looks down as she bit her lip.

"A woman like you has wounds that are severe...Whatever you got into it's probably dangerous." Hijikata says seriously when she suddenly laughed lowly.

"Of course it's dangerous,I was in a war just hours ago," She laughs ironically and looked out the wimdow. "One of my friends ordered me to take off immediately with my other friend and while we were travelling the ship crashed and apparently....here I am," (Y/N) says with a shrug.

"Y-You look quite young to be in that war." Kondo says, as (Y/N) smiles, "As much as I am thankful for your kindness, I must leave immediately." She says as she tried to stand up but failed and fell down, that was then when a young girl enters the room, with similar sandy brown hair.