For You (Shimura Shinpachi)

"Ahh...what do I do?...." Shinpachi whines, feeling his knees go weak and his heart go berserk.

Hiding behind an electric pole like how a shy Shinpachi would, he stole glances at the bubbly (H/C) haired, (E/C) eyed girl working at the flower shop.

"Y-Y-You can do this!! It's to repay the chocolates (Y/N)-san gave me last Valentines!!" Shinpachi gave himself a little pep talk though his eyes were swirling.

".....Kagura, where did we go wrong?" Gintoki sighs, burying his face in his hands.

"....Shinpachi's looking all weird like when he fanboys over his Otsuu-chan. It's disgusting," Kagura comments before shrugging her shoulders and eating her sukonbu.

"Ahh, but I really do have to give this to her." Shinpachi whines, looking down at the small box of chocolate— homemade chocolate— that he made specially for her.

"Just go do it—" Gintoki growls, pulling Shinpachi by the back of his clothes before shoving him forward to the direction of the flower shop.

"W-Wah!!! Gin-san, wait—!!"

"Stop whinin'!" Gintoki yells at him, "Gin-san doesn't raise cowards in the Sakata Family!"

"—....But Gin-san, you're a coward too."

".....I said I don't raise cowards, that doesn't mean it applies to me!!" 

"B-But I still haven't prepared myself for—"

"Look! If you're out here dawdling like this, other men are gonna steal your girl!" Gintoki yells and points to a familiar sandy brown haired man who approached the shop.

"O-OKITA-SAN?!" Shinpachi's eyes widened, as he pushes his glasses up and squints his eyes.

"Tsk, he's a sadist. You're gonna lose," Gintoki clicks his tongue and shakes his head.

"T-That!— That has nothing to do with it! It's not like I'm here to confess or anything...I just wanted to return the favor!!"

Back in Valentines Day, Shinpachi who had no hope to receive chocolate— received one!

It was a total shock to everyone.

Otose had started smashing pans and yelling that it was the end of the world. Kagura fainted from shock and Gintoki became a stone statue.

Nobody had expected that Shinpachi would ever receive chocolates in his whole life.

But (Y/N) gave him— chocolate.

—As if to make everything seem more like a dream, (Y/N) was the pretty girl Shinpachi had been crushing on for a while now.

Sometimes, he'd just watch her when he passes by her shop and just swoon at the sight of her.

He even said he would abandon Otsuu-chan for her!

Shinpachi and Gintoki silently watched as Sougo conversed with (Y/N). What shocked the duo the most about it was—

—Sougo looked completely normal!

He didn't have the usual teasing and sadistic look on his face like he always had. Now facing (Y/N), he made use of that pretty and innocent-looking face of his.

"....Guys with innocent faces are not to be trusted." Gintoki muttered under his breath spitefully.

"H-How does Okita-san know her? He doesn't seem like the flower type of guy..." Shinpachi mutters out in confusion.

He had known (Y/N) for years now— and this was the first time he had ever learned that Sougo and (Y/N) knew each other.

"Go out there!!" Gintoki, with one last push, made Shinpachi stumble out in the open near where (Y/N) was with Sougo.