I Won't Leave (Yoshida Shoyo)

"......You think he's sleeping with his eyes open? Maybe I should learn to do that...."

"No. Sensei must be thinking about something."

"You two really know nothing huh?" Gintoki smirked at Katsura and Takasugi. "Shoyo obviously wants to **** and *** with (Y/N)."

"........."

"Huh? What? Why are you all so quiet all of a sudden?" Gintoki furrowed his eyebrows at Katsura and Takasugi whose lips were pursed in a tight line.

"Gintoki...Whatever you do, don't look back."

"....Huh?"

"You're a hundred years too early to be thinking about that kind of stuff!" Shoyo laughs as he smacks Gintoki's head with his fist.

"OWWWWW!" Gintoki clutched his head with tears in his eyes. "But it's true!! If only you weren't such a wimp and ask out (Y/N), you'd probably be dating now!!"

Shoyo sighed as he crossed his arms and prepared to give Gintoki a lecture.

"People you treasure, people you want to cherish and people you love— all of it takes time! If you can rush it, then it's not true love!" Shoyo says as he flicked Gintoki's forehead.

"As expected of sensei." Katsura clapped his hands in a slow manner.

"There really is a lot to learn from you, sensei." Takasugi smiles softly.

"Tsk," Gintoki clicked his tongue. "—Talking like you're a know-it-all in love. Then, why have you been stalking (Y/N) for a long time now?!"

"I'm not stalking her!!" Shoyo blushes, "I just can't— No. I will— Ah, maybe I could...."

"Shoyo~"

Shoyo flinched when he hears (Y/N)'s voice, and not too soon later, (Y/N) appears grinning brightly over his shoulder.

"What are you guys still doing here? Class is starting." She eyes the three kids who all tried to avoid her gaze.

"Don't tell me you were up to no good again?" She scowls making the three flinch.

"A-Ah! Hey!! Class is starting, come on!!"

"We'll be late for class!!"

"Y-Yahoo?— I love studying..!!!"

The three had taken off before (Y/N) could even say something. So, she turned to Shoyo instead.

"Shoyo, is there something on my face? You're staring at me...." She tilts her head to the side and Shoyo lightly blushed.

"No...No, I was just spacing out." Shoyo tried to brush it off, "Let's go back since class is starting already, haha~"

Shoyo went on ahead of her, even trying to lift up his hands to mask his reddened cheeks but (Y/N) had already seen it.

"Oh well," (Y/N) chuckles softly as she connects her hands behind her and walks after him.

"I'll let it slide since you're so cute~"

Right now, Shoyo was in the middle of dealing with a huge crisis.

Shoyo lightly bit his lower lip, as his eyes narrow. 'What should I do? I've never encountered a problem like this in all the years I've been alive...'

Shoyo cupped his chin, as he closed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows in order to think more.

'....No, no. Don't be rash, think calmly there must be another solution for this...'