Please Stay (Kondo Isao)

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

"What was that?!" Hijikata stood up, alerted he looked around for anything suspicious as his thumb hovered behind the hilt of his sword.

"Oh, that?" Kondo had an amused smile on his lips as he crosses his arms. "It's just (Y/N)-chan, don't worry."

"....Why would she be screaming?" Hijikata sighs as he sits back down,

"Shouldn't you be more worried about your girlfriend, Kondo-san?"

"Ahahahah! Lately, she's been into reading novels." Kondo says, "I hear she likes the work of this author called Kyusaku."

"...and she's screaming because?...."

Suddenly, they hear loud footsteps approaching the room they were in. Not a moment later, (Y/N) literally threw the door open.

"ISA-CHAN!!!!" (Y/N) yells with her eyes wide in shock. "KYUSAKU-SENSEI IS HAVING A MEET AND GREET IN EDO!!!!"

".....—She's screaming because of that." Kondo laughs before turning to (Y/N).

"Isa-chan! Isa-chan, let's go! Let's definitely go! Let's go see Kyusaku-sensei!!! Please! Please!!!"

(Y/N) wasted no time locking her arms around Kondo's arm, batting her eyelashes—

And of course, Kondo— being the gorilla he is— couldn't bring himself to say no to his beloved girlfriend.

"Of course! Anything for you! Ahahahaha!"

"Yay!! I'll go read up more details on the meet and greet!!!"

(Y/N) had run away once more while Hijikata was gazing at Kondo dubiously.

"Are you sure about this, Kondo-san?" Hijikata asks him making the gorilla raise an eyebrow.

"About what, Toshi?"

"(Y/N)-san's meeting her idol." Hijikata shrugged, "What if he's handsome, charming and steals your girlfriend away? She adores him."

"Haha! Don't be funny, Toshi!!" Kondo breaks out into laughter. "(Y/N)-chan only adores his writing."

Kondo paused, "Besides...The man writes romance novels, he could be just a nerd who never experienced a proper love life so he writes about his fantasie—"

".....Kondo-san?"

"...Hm?"

"Why are you crying?"

".........."

Kondo sniffed.

"WHAT IF (Y/N)-CHAN LEAVES ME FOR HIM?!"

Kondo suddenly broke out into a full-on sob making the v-haired man roll his eyes and sigh loudly.

"You just said you didn't have anything to worry about—"

"BUT SHE CAN LOVE A GORILLA LIKE ME, THAT MEANS SHE CAN LOVE ANYONE TOSHI!!!"

"........That's not how that works, Kondo-san." Hijikata says as he rubs his temple with his fingers. "Well, why don't you just accompany her? That way you know for sure she won't leave you."

"....Toshi, you're a genius!"

—and so, on the day of the meet and greet Kondo took time off to accompany (Y/N).

"Ah, I can't believe I'm gonna see Kyusaku-sensei in person!" (Y/N) squeals hugging a book to her chest and she waits in line with Kondo standing beside her.