A Villainess (Utsuro)

"Another mission?" (Y/N) scowled deeply, the crease between her eyebrows deepening as she turned to her friend, Ukyo. Standing up from her desk, she walks over to the veranda of their small office where the rest of their members were lounging at.

"Apparently," He shrugs and hands a paper over to her, following behind her. "This is only the description of the target— the pay is really big, so it seems we have to do our best on this one." Ukyo grinned and ruffled her hair.

"Is there no picture of the target?"

"They say they'll give it to me as soon as they have it," Ukyo shrugged, then he smiled and placed his hand on her head.

"So, you go and decide who we take." Ukyo gestured to the bunch lazing around in the courtyard, and (Y/N) hums as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"The kids seem to be new, so we can't really leave such a big task to them." (Y/N) mumbled to herself. Then, she looked up at Ukyo.

"Since this is important, we should do it. Me, you and we can take Chisato and Shizuka with us." (Y/N) smirked, "But, are you up for it— you old man?" She teased him making him gasp at her words.

"We're the same age! How dare you!!"

"Oh!! Ukyo-nii!! Come over and taste some cookies we baked!!" A fellow friend of theirs came over and dragged Ukyo to the group, making (Y/N) laugh.

Her eyes then fell on to the paper with the description of their target. Narrowing her (E/C) eyes ever so slightly, the smile dropped from her face.

"Utsuro, huh?...." She mumbled lowly, her eyes going dull yet fierce.

"I wonder what kind of person he is......"

------

"Not going home for the night?"

(Y/N) looked up when she heard Ukyo's voice, looking up from the papers she was reading she finds Ukyo leaning on the doorframe— along with his signature teasing smirk.

"This...target," (Y/N) let out a troubled sigh and laid the paper with Utsuro's details on the table. "He seems....quite difficult to find." (Y/N) glanced at Ukyo worriedly.

"And I—....I have a bad feeling about this mission." (Y/N) clasped her hands together and looked at Ukyo worriedly.

"...Whatever it is," Ukyo looksat her softly, approaching her and placing his hand on her back to gently rub circles as an attempt to calm her down. "I'll be with you, so don't worry."

"You're right." (Y/N) pressed her clasped fist to her forehead and let out a shaky sigh. "Sorry, I'm going home for the night." She smiled apologetically at Ukyo who nodded.

"It's completely fine. Go and get some rest— I'll take care of everything here."

"Thank you, Ukyo. Goodnight," (Y/N) shot him one last smile before she stood up and headed out to go home. Unlike the other members of The Owl— their small independent group of assassins– who stayed at the office, (Y/N) stayed in her own house which is not that far from their office.

"....Ugh..."

While (Y/N) was walking the dark, narrow path of an alleyway that was a shortcut to her house— she hears a distant, low groan sounding of pain.

"..Hello?" (Y/N) carefully calls out and then she spots a figure hunched over at the side, the face was covered so she couldn't really see— but she knew that the man was in pain.

"Hey, are you okay?!" (Y/N) crouched down by his side and she touched his shoulder. The second she did so, a hand grabbed her wrist and pinned her to the ground.