Catch Me, I'm Falling (Takasugi Shinsuke)

"Shinsuke....will you always be by my side?"

Takasugi looked at her warmly with those beautiful and warm green eyes of his that only showed affection to her.

He cupped her cheek and smiled, "Always."

"....You won't ever leave me alone will you? I...have no one but you, Shinsuke." (Y/N) whimpers softly, clutching his hand in hers.

"....I promise." He kissed her forehead softly, "There is nothing that I wouldn't ever do just for you, (Y/N)." He smiled.

"Always remember that more than anyone— I will love you."

(Y/N) paused as she walked the pavements to the bookstore she worked at as a librarian.

Her eyes lower, as she remembers the nostalgic dream she had of him again.

Her head was empty, but that scene— that memory she cherished so much and wished to bury suddenly started to appear so vividly in her mind as if it just happened yesterday.

But that was years ago— in the times of war when she was insecure, scared to die, knew nothing and only wished— to be held in his arms.

The man she loved.

The man she would lay down her everything for.

The man who left her when she wanted to stay by his side—

Takasugi.

"....Are you doing well?" She whispers to the silent air, looking up slightly with a small bitter frown on her lips.

As she reminisced the little memories she had of him and their past— someone bumped into her.

A hooded figure passed by her and she immediately knew who it was without having to look twice.

I don't know why
But when I look in your eyes
I felt something that seems so bright

She stopped and looked back, just as he stopped and looked back at her too. There was a small distance between them as the streets were filled with people moving about.

As if time had stopped just for them— she saw his eye.

So clear and beautiful like she had always admired— always feeling so lost in that green eye of his like she had always been everytime he looked at her.

(Y/N)'s eyebrows scrunched together sadly as she placed a fist over her chest. He just smiled softly at her not uttering a word.

"....It's still here," She whispers, watching as he turns away from her and continues walking off as if he never looked at her— like he didn't know her.

".....My love for you is still here, Shinsuke...." She looked down, biting her lip.

She thought she had gotten over all of it when he disappeared years ago.

When he abandoned her.

"....It keeps coming back, but why do you never come back to me?...."

She shook her head— getting too emotional since he suddenly showed up again. But everytime he did, he left as fast as he came and left only a glimpse of him as if he was a fleeting dream that would be forgotten once you wake up.

You've got yours I've got mine
I think I'm losing my mind
'Cause I shouldn't feel this way