Why Don't You Love Me? (Kawakami Bansai)

"What!? M-Me and Bansai-san?!" (Y/N) gasped at Takasugi's words and quickly grabbed him by his collar. "Do you know what you're saying right now, Shinsuke?"

"Yes." Takasugi gulped and looked to the side, avoiding her piercing gaze. "...You and Bansai should go. Bansai knows who we're dealing with and you're good at staking out." Takasugi shrugged.

"If you don't want to go then I can have Matako–"

"No! No!! I'll go! I'll definitely go!!!" (Y/N) let go of his collar and smiled angelically at him. "Gosh, you're so brilliant. I didn't expect less of you, Shinsuke." She nodded proudly.

"Yeah, this is good. That's good, me and Bansai-san can go alone." (Y/N) sighs dreamily as she placed a hand on Takasugi's shoulders.

"I'll make sure to drag it out as long as I can! Thank you, Shinsuke! We'll leave immediately!" She lifted up a thumb, with her eyes sparkling.

"I...no—" Takasugi was at loss for words when she marched out without hearing what he was going to say.

".....I was going to say to do it quick and come back here within the day......."

"(Y/N)-senpai!!!"

(Y/N) turns her head back at the call of her name and spots Matako rushing towards her. She bowed to (Y/N) and held out a brochure.

"P-Please take this with you!!" Matako— out of breath, pants and gives (Y/N) a reassuring grin. "It'll help you with your troubles regarding Bansai-senpai!!"

"...10 ways to make him care for you? Oh my, Matako. You're truly an expert." (Y/N) nodded proudly when she skimmed the contents of the brochure.

"Definitely! I summarized everything in that, you know I'm an expert at love. I hope your trip with Bansai-senpai goes well!!!"

Matako— was the only one in the entire universe to know that (Y/N) had the biggest crush on Bansai. (Y/N) was very discreet about her feelings, so how did Matako notice?

Well, Matako had been chasing after Takasugi for so long so she did know quite a lot in the romance area. But never actually succeeded on any of them hence the reason why she was still single and had unrequited love

"....But if you're so good at love, why doesn't Shinsuke—"

"A-AHHH! Look! Bansai-senpai!!" Matako cut her off and pointed behind her where Bansai was making his way towards them.

"Anyways, don't let Bansai-san find out you have that! You have to do everything secretly!!" Matako whispers to (Y/N) in a low hush before rushing off.

"Are you ready, (Y/N)-san?" Bansai asked, standig right behind her making the woman look up at him. "Yeah! We should go now," (Y/N) smiles as she heads out of the ship with Bansai with her.

'Alright. Bless me with romantic encounters, Bisha-sama!' (Y/N) prayed determinedly in her heart.

----

"What? Only one room!?" (Y/N) gasped dramatically— it was winter so they sped up their travel time as much they could. So, when they arrived at the inn where they would be negotiating with some harusame people— to be specific Abuto and Kamui— they planned to wait in separate rooms until Abuto and Kamui would come.

"Yes, it says here there's only one room reserved." The clerk politely spoke, while (Y/N) pretended to be angry. Bansai didn't want to talk to people so (Y/N) had to handle this one.

"No, no. This really has to be some kind of mistake!" (Y/N) adamantly argued, feigning anger but in reality she was over the moon in happiness over having to share a room with Bansai.