It Was You (Sakata Gintoki)

*I think...this is somewhere in the Diviner Arc

"Waaaaah! The world is spinning, woww~~~" (Y/N) giggles lowly, her face laid flat against the table. Opposite of her sat Gintoki who was barely sober— downing his nth cup of beer.

"Hah! Look at you, you're drunk!" Gintoki snickered at her, "The world isn't spinning. You're the one spinning! Hahahahah!"

"Huhhhhh?" (Y/N) slurred and looked at Gintoki. "Not fair, why are there 3 of you? I wanna have clones too!!"

"Hey, didn't you promise me something last time?"

(Y/N) looked up at Gintoki, after downing her glass of beer. She let out a sigh, and propped an elbow up on the table. "Did I?"

"We made a bet!" Gintoki drunkenly nodded firmly, "Whoever goes down first promises to do something for the winner!"

"Oh....I did....Maybe....." She slurred, unable to fight against her sleepiness. "Yeah! So, now— I need you to do something for me!"

"What.....is it?"

Gintoki looked at her for a while, his wine red orbs focused on her figure— as she slumped down on the table.

"There's this woman I like....." Gintoki started, scratching his cheek he turned his head to the side. "Set me up on a date with her."

(Y/N) closed her eyes, but she could hear him well. Inside, her heart started aching— she was no fool. She liked Gintoki, she knew that well— and having those words said right to her face was just the same as telling her she had no chance with him so she should just give up and never confess.

(Y/N) sat up straight and huffed. She grabbed Gintoki's glass of beer— which the male still hadn't downed and drank it in one gulp.

"Fine...! You bastard— I'll set you up on a date with her! Who is she!?"

"You will???"

"Yeah!!"

Just as she said that, Gintoki passed out cold and soon— she did too.

"You're both drunk." Otose sighs, slamming her hand down on the table to get both their attention. "(Y/N)-chan, I'll call someone to pick you up. As for you—" Otose glared at Gintoki.

"...Maybe I'll throw you out at the dumpsters."

After the two passed out, a man arrived at Otose's Bar. "Sorry for the trouble." He bowed to Otose, carrying the passed out (Y/N) in his arms.

"I never expected for my sister to turn into a drunkard," He sighs, and then he turns his gaze to Gintoki. But, Gintoki's face was plopped down on the table so all he could see was a blob of silver hair.

"Is he the one who's been getting her drunk?...." His eyes narrow at Gintoki scrutinizingly, but he still couldn't comprehend where he would know the man from.

"It's no problem, (Y/N)-chan's a nice girl. There are just too many bad influences around here," Otose narrowed her eyes at Gintoki.

"Thank you for looking after her." He bowed once more before he went on out to take (Y/N) back home.

--------

"Huh?...What am I doing beside a dumpster?" Gintoki woke up, sprawled right next to the dumpster. However, he had no recollection of what went down yesterday just before he passed out. "Right, last night I went drinking with (Y/N)...." Gintoki blushed at the thought and stood up.