Always With You (Okita Sougo)

Let's all pretend Sougo is older here~~~

"Sou-kun!~"

It was a normal, calm afternoon in the Shinsengumi. As usual, instead of going on a patrol or do actual work Sougo was sleeping.

Sougo heard her voice, and instinctively he woke up from his small nap. Lifting his red eye mask up to his forehead, he finds (Y/N) smiling at him.

"Hi, Sou-kun!~" She chirps happily, making Sougo smile and sigh as he sits up straight. 

"Why is my wife here?" Sougo cooed softly, his arms wrapping around her as he pulls her close to his body.

Sougo wasted no time and hugged her tight, inhaling her sweet and familiar scent that he had always loved.

"Nothing~" (Y/N) giggles, locking her arms on his neck. "I was just shopping and I suddenly missed you so I dropped by! I bought cake!" She calmly says, lifting up the small box she held in her hands. Sougo just smiled and kept embracing her.

"Let go of me now, Sou-kun. It's bad enough that you've been sleeping on the job." She pouted, pulling away weakly from Sougo's hold. Sougo just smiled, and gazed at her lovingly.

Sougo and (Y/N) had been married for 3 years now. After Sougo left Bushu for Edo, leaving behind not only his sister but the love of his life- (Y/N) too. Soon enough, years passed by and after (Y/N) heard about Mitsuba's death she went to Edo in search of Sougo.

Things escalated quickly after they met again, Sougo still loved her. They got married, lived a good life together and loved waking up to each other every morning.

"What did you buy?"

(Y/N) paused from pouring tea into the cup at Sougo's question, "Hm?" She tried to compose herself, pretending as if she didn't hear his question.

Sougo raised an eyebrow, but he didn't suspect her of anything. The (Y/N) he knew and loved was one that had a pure heart, she would never cheat on him, lie to him or do anything bad. Years have passed, but she always stayed the same pure, loving self she always was.

"You said you went shopping," Sougo comments, looking at her hands. "But you're not carrying anything."

(Y/N) gulped, she underestimated Sougo's sharpness and wit.

Smiling as she handed his tea over to him, she calmly spoke "I did, but I remembered we still have many stuff back at the house. Hahaa, I've been forgetful lately!~" 

She easily played it off as if it was nothing, but she was hoping Sougo wouldn't grow curious and try to dig deeper or investigate about it.

"A-Anyways!" She hurriedly spoke, "I don't see Kondo-kun and Hijikata-kun around?" She changed the topic, the unsuspecting Sougo easily fell for it though.

"They're off on patrol, since they were both going they made me stay here just in case." Sougo started eating the cake she cut up for him, but then he saw that uncertain expression on (Y/N)'s face.

Sougo stared at her for a while, noticing how she had been gazing off into the distance, before he smiled and gestured for her to sit beside him, "Come here."

(Y/N) didn't say or do much, but she moved close to him and wordlessly hugged her husband.

"...I love you, Sou-kun." She whispered, burying her face in his chest. Sougo just wrapped his arms around her, smiling at the feeling of her in his arms.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." Sougo answered back, not even realizing the slight tone of sadness in her voice.

(Y/N)'s hands tightened on his shirt, "...I love you, so much."