Tastes Sweet (Kamui)

"(Y/N), I'll be back next week." Kamui suddenly told her while they were hanging out at the bookshop she worked at.

"...Uh-huh?" (Y/N) paused from reading her book. "You said you were going a mission though?" Her eyes fell upon Kamui who looked at her with those beautiful blue eyes.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened when she felt her heart skip a beat— Kamui was definitely good-looking, the man had striking features no one could ever have in a million years.

"So," He trailed off, his lips forming a playful smirk as he maintained eye contact with her.

"So?...." (Y/N) repeated, quirking an eyebrow at him as if urging him to continue.

"Let's go out."

"G-Go out!?" (Y/N) dropped her book— her unrequited love was finally being requited! "Y-You and me?" She asked again and he nodded.

"A-Are you sure? I mean, I would love to! B-But you're way too good for me and Bisha-chan would—"

"Who else would be the perfect companion to a festival? Since the day you became my human wallet, you were destined to be tied to me." Kamui grinned and ruffled her hair.

"So, be prepared when I get back. We'll go to the festival again. I heard there are new foods there~"

"....Wait— you mean like going out to the festival together?"

"Of course, what else would I mean?"

(Y/N) went silent, and then she looked down. "I see....." she murmured, it was still unrequited— her painful love.

"Alright. I have to get going— see you soon~"

So (Y/N), despite being disappointed that her love was still unrequited started to look forward to the day that Kamui came back again.

"I'll make him fall for me!!!"

She said determinedly all to herself.

-----

"....Kamui-kun's late today." (Y/N) glanced at the clock, suddenly remembering that Kamui told her he would drop by today, her face went red.

"Kya! How handsome will he look again today?" (Y/N) cupped her cheeks with her hands and sighed dreamily. Kamui, is (Y/N)'s long time crush—obviously, I mean who wouldn't have a crush on him??

The first time they met wasn't anything special— in fact, her affection for him was due to the spur of the moment. It was a time where she was vulnerable— alone, lonely and deprived of love when Kamui appeared into her life.

"I can still remember the day we met as if it was just yesterday....."

(Yahoo! Flashback Start!!)

"Abuto, I'm hungry."

"Oh, Captain. I didn't know you changed your name—"

"Don't finish that.'' Kamui growled before Abuto could even finish his joke. Abuto shut his mouth and sighed, they were at the ship's deck watching as they landed on Edo.

"....I-I was gonna say you're always hungry Captain, Ahahaha— Captain?....." Abuto paused and looked around, Kamui was gone from his spot.

"CAPTAIN!?"

"...I smell food. Oh, is this a festival?~" Kamui's eyes shone as he looked around— there were food stalls everywhere and since he was hungry it was the perfect opportunity.