Next Time (Katsura Kotaro)

"....(Y/N)-san, do we really have to do this?" Yamazaki whined— wearing an Elizabeth costume.

"Zakibeth, what did I say about your signboard?"

Yamazaki scowled and raised up a signboard.

'THIS WON'T WORK. IT'S TOO OBVIOUS.'

(Y/N) smirked at Yamazaki's signboard and tapped it with her finger, "Believe me. I know Katsura the best out of everyone in the Shinsengumi."

(Y/N) looked ahead to see the cafe they were meeting Katsura in. "Besides, you know how I do my job. I never half-ass it,"

(Y/N) nodded at Yamazaki and started walking into the cafe where they would meet Katsura. From Yamazaki's previous experience of infiltrating the Joui— (Y/N) had eagerly taken down notes in order to ensure a smooth entrance into the ranks of the Joui Rebels.

"Are you....." Katsura stared right at (Y/N) and Zakibeth with a calculating look in his eyes.

Zakibeth was sweating while (Y/N) was as calm as ever. Had Katsura already caught on to their disguises? Actually, it was only Yamazaki who wore the Elizabeth disguise with that distinct green mohawk.

(Y/N) didn't even bother disguising herself— but she had a pretty good chance because she was the only female shinsengumi member. Not many knew of her existence within the shinsengumi because it was a huge secret.

Everyone knew that the shinsengumi forbids female members— but (Y/N) was an exception because she saved Matsudaira's life.

"—Both joining the Joui Rebels?" Katsura finally finished his statement with an excited tone. Zakibeth finally sighed in relief while (Y/N) nodded.

—Before they knew it they were now seated in a cat cafe.

"Alright. We shall start the interview," Katsura says as he rounded up some papers. "Did you bring your resume?"

'This is it! The first challenge— luckily I already told (Y/N)-san that she needed—' Zakibeth turned to (Y/N) with a proud and confident grin.

"I did," (Y/N) passed on a paper to Katsura.

"Great." Katsura nodded stoicly, "You remind me of a guy who applied before with no common sense." Katsura laughed lightly to himself,

"Can you believe he went job hunting without a resume in hand?"

"I can't! What an idiot," (Y/N) laughed with Katsura while Yamazaki was holding back his anger.

'The idiot you're speaking of is sitting here!!'

"Well, to start off— what's your purpose in joining?"

"I want to get rid of the corrupt amanto and the bakufu who bows their heads to those stupid amantos," (Y/N) clenched her fist determinedly.

Katsura paused from playing with a cat who came over to their table, bruises amd scratches evident on his face.

"Such determination," He praised her. "Tell me, what do you envision that we should achieve?"

"First off— I want to mess with the Shinsengumi." (Y/N) started off, Katsura seemed interested and leaned close pouring all his attention to her.

"I see, and what will you do with those shisengumi?"

"—I'll mix grinded hot pepper into their food and rob their stalls of toilet paper."

"How terrifying!" Katsura gasped, "Truly, you are suited to join our ranks." He nodded, impressed.

"The shinsengumi stinks!" He cheered.