Come To You (Okita Sougo)

"(Y/N)....I have to leave."

The (H/C)-haired girl looked up at him with a confused look in her eyes. She understood what he meant— but she didn't want to.

"Sou-kun, I thought we'll always be together?"

Sougo sighs, looking away hesitantly.

"But, if I want to protect you and my sister I have to get stronger."

"Then, if Sou-kun gets stronger— will you return here?"

"....I don't know," Sougo shook his head, "But if we do meet again— I promise I'll protect you!"

"...Don't say if," (Y/N) corrected him, "We will definitely meet again! If Sou-kun can't come to me, then I'll come to you!"

Sougo smiles he strokes her hair, "Alright then. Come find me, (Y/N). I'll be waiting for you,"

"It's so hot and crowded....I wanna go back to the house...." (Y/N) whined, taking a seat on the bench and fanning herself furiously with her hand.

"Should I look for him another time? I don't feel like I'll get anywhere like this..." She huffed, looking around the street with tired eyes.

'What does Sou-kun look like now? I'm ashamed to admit but I kinda forgot....how he looked like.'

"Do you need help?"

(Y/N) flinched when she hears a man's voice, curiously but carefully looking at the man who stood tall before her she tilted her head to the side.

"And you are?....." She asked softly and gently, appearing as harmless as she could while Hijikata raised an eyebrow.

"Hijikata Toshiro, I'm from the Shinsengumi. I was on my patrol and saw you looking all troubled."

'Shinsengumi?...Maybe I can get him to help...'

"I'm actually looking for someone!" Her eyes light up with hope, as she stands up— determined to accept his offer for help.

"Someone?"

"Yup!" (Y/N) nodded fiercely, "He's from my hometown— well, I met him there and he said he had to move to Edo." (Y/N) cups her chin in thought— remembering as much as she can.

"Then, what's his name? What does he look like?" Hijikata asks calmly, while (Y/N) smiled sheepishly.

"Well....As for his name, I only remember calling him Sou-kun. His face...I don't really remember but, I think he used to train at a dojo somewhere!"

"....How can we find him then?" Hijikata sighs tiredly, "Anymore details about him you can remember?"

"Well....." (Y/N) trails off, "He's kind, sweet and charming. If an angel descended to earth it would definitely be him!"

"Miss, I think you're trying to find an imaginary person."

"No! He's real!" (Y/N) quickly retorts, "I mean— Sou-kun is just a very very very nice man! He always helps me and is so kind to me, he's gentle with his words and charming...."

"....Are you sure he wasn't scamming you for money?"

"What‐!? No! Sou-kun would never do such a thing!!"

While (Y/N) was talking with her newly acquainted friend Hijikata— Sougo who had finished laying a trap for Hijikata came over to lead Hijikata to his death.