It Was Me (Another Story)

*This is like the previous chapter 'It was me' but with a different story, if you don't get it I'll explain in my notes ♥️

*This is in Gin-san's POV. I wanted to switch things up a little bit.

She was with him.

Again.

I watched as (Y/N) smiled and laughed around Takasugi— feeling a little jealous at the attention the short man was getting. Her bright (E/C) eyes sparkling as she looked at him, her beautiful lips forming the sweetest smile I had ever seen.

I've never seen anyone look so lovestruck before.

...Maybe if I looked the mirror maybe I'd see how lovestruck I am with her.

Because she was looking at him same way I looked at her.

With love.

How could she act like that around him? Always giving him the time of the day— Always prioritizing him over anything, always...looking for him. It was like he was the only man who existed in her eyes.

I clenched my fist, turning my gaze away from the scene my heart scorned at and scoffed. "This is stupid..." I mutter lowly, raking my hand through my unruly silver hair.

A sudden thought surfaced in my mind— is that it? Because I have a perm and he had that straight hair I always wanted? No...I was just being insecure.

I look longing at that beautiful look on her face one last time before I sighed.

"Because... It was me, who wanted to make you smile like that..." I whisper to the air the feelings of longing that I had hidden in my chest.

Damn it, this is unlike me. Before I knew it, I had just started looking at her differently. Before I knew it as well, my feelings were getting stronger and stronger.

But, it wasn't me.

------

She was always so worried.

But only for him.

"....Why are they not here yet???" (Y/N) asked Zura, her voice obviously worried— if it was probably me who hadn't returned she probably wouldn't be acting like this

But, it's that stupid Takasugi.

I watch her silently, her eyes gazing still at that door hoping that man would walk through unscathed. It was an unexpected situation that he got separated from us during the battle.

Why do I care? My first priority will always be (Y/N). For all I could care the man could go missing and I'll take advantage of this sitiation to swoop in and woo (Y/N)— but even that won't be enough to get her to love me.

Sighing softly, I turn my gaze away from her. Such thoughts have been pestering my mind for the whole 2 hours that stupid idiot hasn't been back here and has been worrying her too much.

She's a silly woman.

I frown at the thought— I mean, falling in love with Takasugi would always be the worst! What is it? Did she have a thing for emo-looking boys? My eyes soften at the sight of her— looking so lost and concerned like that.

I'm a silly man too— still loving her even though I know it's not me she likes.

"I found him, Ahahahaha! Hahahahaha!"

Not too soon after, came in Sakamoto with that loudmouth of his and the shorty with him.

"Shinsuke!!" (Y/N) wasted no time and came running to him, engulfing him in a hug which made me click my tongue in annoyance. I know she likes him, I know I like her— I know I probably don't have a chance as well but still—