The Woman You Love (Okita Sougo)

"....No answer again."

(Y/N) sighs, looking at her phone before she closed it and put it back inside her pocket.

"What's that about? Keep sighing and you'll ruin my meal."

(Y/N) looked at Kamui apologetically, "Sorry...Kamui-kun." She frowns slightly, "It's just that....Sougo-kun doesn't reply to my mails."

"Well, you'll see him later so what's the hurry? Moreover, I need seconds."

"Right....I don't know, I haven't seen Sougo-kun in about a week now." She says, sitting down on the chair. "When I try to visit the shinsengumi he's either on a mission, stakeout, or off killing Hiji-kun."

".....He doesn't give you time?" Kamui raises an eyebrow and she nods sadly.

"I mean...we've been going out for 2 years now! 2!" She raised two fingers in front of him, "What is it? Did he get tired of me or something?..."

"Depends," Kamui spoke seriously, "Do you ignore him when he asks for seconds too?" He smirked, handing his empty bowl to her.

"...Sougo-kun isn't a glutton like you, Kamui-kun." She frowns, taking it from him and scooping more rice into it.

"Do you think he's avoiding me on purpose?" She worriedly asks, handing it back to Kamui who went back to eating immediately. "Or....what if Sougo-kun has another woman!?"

"........."

Kamui didn't reply but just ate instead.

"...Answer me or I'm not giving you any seconds."

"I'm a customer!" Kamui slammed a hand on the table, "—Why are you even complaining to me?!"

"But, Kamui-kun's my friend too."

"......Right," Kamui sighs as he rakes one hand through his hair, 'I'm still just a friend.'

"There's no one else I trust like I trust you, Kamui-kun~"

".....Tsk," Kamui clicked his tongue and continued eating. "Is there even any woman around him?"

(Y/N) looked up for a while, "...I hear they hired a nurse recently...." She says, "Do you think—" She gasped.

"....We won't know till we see it for sure. I'm sure he's just busy— being a dog of the bafuku and all~"

"Well, I am going to the Shinsengumi to visit Sougo-kun later...."

Kamui looked at her for a while, she had that unusually down look on her face. As far as he knew, (Y/N) had always been such a bright kind of woman.

She always had this big smile on her face, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she gushed to Kamui about her boyfriend, Sougo.

Silently, Kamui placed his hand on the top of her hair, "Well, work hard on it. You love him, don't you?"

"Kamui-kun....." She seemed close to tears, "Kamui-kun's definitely the bestest friend in the whole universe!!"

So, with Kamui's encouragement (Y/N) had made up her mind to go and visit Sougo down at the Shinsengumi.

"Maybe I should bring him food just in case?" She says with a little hum, before packing up a bit of food leftover.

Then, she went down to the Shinsengumi. Being Sougo's girlfriend of 2 years, everyone in the shinsengumi had gotten close to her— so, without a doubt they let her in almost immediately when she said she came to visit Sougo.

As (Y/N) approached Sougo's room— which was slightly open for some sort of reason— she heard a woman's giggle making her stop in her tracks.

"Sou-kun~ That tickles, don't do that~~"