Let Her Go (Katsura Kotaro)

Love was something Katsura Kotaro never understood well.

—But then again, the man barely understood anything in life.

So with unfamiliar things, Katsura uses his intellect and instinct to give meaning to it. Identifying what love was for him, was one of the hardest tasks he had ever gone through.

When would he know if the feeling he had was love?

What was love?

What is love?

When will he know that he had utterly, completely, truly fallen in love?

Will Zura— the King of Obliviousness and Icon of Airheadedness ever figure out what love meant to him before he loses it?

"I sense a weird narration dissing me just  mere seconds ago...." Katsura hums, looking around suspiciously with a finger on his chin.

"You're probably hearing things again," Ikumatsu sighs, pushing a bowl of soba towards the man who merely sighs and shakes his head.

"I don't know, sometimes I feel that there is someone out there writing a story I won't like about me and then publishing it so many can read and learn more about my life which should be kept a secret—"

"—JUST SHUT UP AND EAT!"

"You know, I really feel comfortable here with you, Ikumatsu-dono."

Well, you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Ikumatsu eyed the extra serving of soba that Katsura asked her to make to-go and smiled softly.

"Are you visiting her again?"

Katsura paused at Ikumatsu's question to ponder, before nodding casually.

"It's been a while since I've visited her. She must have gotten lonely," Katsura unconsciously smiles at his own words.

Recounting memories in his mind of her, Katsura stood up.

"I better go soon before it closes," He looks towards Ikumatsu. "I'll visit again soon. Thank you,"

"Don't come back here." Ikumatsu merely huffed and watched as Katsura went away, in a happy mood.

"Is that idiot still oblivious about his own feelings for her?" Ikumatsu laughs to herself and shakes her head.

"Oh, well. He'll figure it out soon enough~"

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missing home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go

The sound of a door opening made a pair of (E/C) eyes look away from what she was currently doing.

"What?" A voice commented, stepping into the room. "Disappointed I'm not him?"

A smirk appeared on the face of the silver haired old man.

The woman pouted her lips and frowned, "I would never say such a thing about you, Gin."

"Well, your face says it." He comments, before noting what she was doing.

Gintoki's eyebrows knit together when he saw what she was doing.

"(Y/N), what are you writing letters for?"

His tone was suspicious— but more than that, it was laced with a small hint of anger.