Tell Me Goodbye (Sakata Gintoki)

Gintoki stopped and gazed at the young (H/C) haired girl sitting on the lawn with a book in her hands. Shoyo often told him about the noble samurai family near their school— so he warned him to not get too close to their place.

He had heard a lot about her from Shoyo, always warning him to never mess with her. Gintoki at first didn't care about it— all he cared about then was Shoyo.

It wasn't because of anything special, it was because of her family. (Y/N) came from the noble family of the (L/N), an influencial family who was extremely wealthy. The reason was— the (L/N) family had a lot of enemies, Shoyo didn't want any of those enemies mistakenly attacking Gintoki just because he got involved with a girl from the (L/N) house.

But as time passed by, and he continued to cross paths with her he found himself getting curious.

Until he finally ended up not being able to hold back from wanting to get to know more of her.

His red eyes focused on that girl, she had an innocent smile on her lips as she silently read the book— her expressions often changing. As her (H/C) hair gently fluttered with the wind, Gintoki couldn't help but gasp.

His hold loosened and along with the blowing wind— the note in his hands flew away.

"Ahh!" Gintoki called out, running after the note mindlessly. Shoyo had asked him to buy these stuff from town, he couldn't lose the note like that!!

".......Hm?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow when that same note fell on the page she was reading. Curiously, she held the note up to examine it closer.

"T-That's mine!!" Gintoki exclaimed, running over to her. She looked at him, and smiled handing him the note.

"Hold tightly to it, the wind is strong." She advised, making Gintoki blush at her smile. He had no idea what love was— but from what he heard from Shoyo, it must've felt something like this.

In awe, he continued to gaze at her. He felt his heart pound uncontrollably while she just tilted her head at him— not understanding why the boy hadn't responded yet.

Feeling his cheeks go red, Gintoki lightly bowed his head to her. "M-My name is Sakata Gintoki!"

"....I'm (L/N) (Y/N)," (Y/N) replied with a small giggle. Gintoki looked up at her, his cheeks still red as he received the note she handed him.

"Hey," She called out softly to hin making him look at her, when he did she smiled. "Wanna be friends?"

Gintoki blinked his eyes for a while, not believing this girl's words for a while. Before his lips slowly tugged upwards.

"Sure. I'd love to,"

That was when Gintoki met the girl he wanted to protect— the one who taught him how to love.

Gintoki placed a hand on his chest, as he looked at her fondly. Inside his heart, he made a small vow.

'I want to protect her smile until the day I die.'

------

More time passed by, and as both (Y/N) and Gintoki began to grow. Gintoki's visits became frequent, (Y/N) reading outdoor became frequent as well because it was the only time she could see him.

But as children, they didn't know yet the deeper concept of love. They just spent time with each other— and realized that they liked being in each other's presence.

(Y/N) hums softly as she raked her fingers through his hair— Gintoki just let her do so. "Say, Gin...." She started as Gintoki hummed in response.